Palang Pracharath Earns 510 Million Baht At Fundraising Event

webfact

image.jpeg

By Thai Newsroom Reporters

THE PALANG PRACHARATH PARTY has earned 510 million baht in cash from last night’s (Jan.30) fundraising event at a Bangkok hotel.

The largest coalition partner sold a total of 170 dining tables of selected foods for three million baht each to raise the 510 million baht fund for their nationwide campaign during a current run-up to a general election with party leader Prawit Wongsuwan to be named partisan contestant for prime minister.  

Prawit told donors among affluent businesspersons and others during the Palang Pracharath fundraising dinner that he has been readied with a “heart-driven force” to contest the next general election for prime minister with his ruling party getting prepared to remain core of a coalition government as had been the case after the 2019 election.

Full story: https://thainewsroom.com/2023/01/31/palang-pracharath-earns-510-million-baht-at-fundraising-event/

tn.jpg

-- © Copyright  THAI NEWSROOM 2023-01-31

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The largest coalition partner sold a total of 170 dining tables of selected foods for three million baht each to raise the 510 million baht fund for their nationwide campaign during a current run-up to a general election with party leader Prawit Wongsuwan to be named partisan contestant for prime ministe

Disgusting... 

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm curious how the donations by each individual (not by table!) comply with section 72 of the Organic Law on Political Parties B.E. 2560 to avoid party dissolution:

"The prohibition of the political parties from receiving donations of money, assets or any other benefits which come from an illigimate source."

It would seem reasonable to at least expect the Election Commission to provide such assurance to the public that there was no irregularity in PP's fund raising event. The EC has the authority to ban PP from the next election if any irregularity (there are four categories of default under the law) is found with regard to PP's fund raising dinner event.

While I don't expect PP to actually be banned no matter any perceived violations given its "special relationship" with lawmaking, the resulting political dance might prove consequential to the electorate.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Except a disgusting show of wealth while many in the public are below the poverty line.

Well said, but nothing will change.

I would sooner eat 50 baht of noodles with hard working people than fancy meals with these scum. And I mean it.

75,000 GBP a table?.......... Mental.

Probably keeping a record as well of which ' pigs at the trough ' donate further sums for their future personal prosperity at the country's expense.

• Thanks 2

He could always sell his ' borrowed ' watch collection to top up the funds!

The guy can hardly walk unaided let alone govern a country with his stupid ' military mentality '

He has been in Prayuth's shadow all these years, agreeing on policies, so what new policies will come from this Laurel and Hardy duo?

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

I would sooner eat 50 baht of noodles with hard working people than fancy meals with these scum. And I mean it

I'm with you on that, looking at these people across the table I'm not sure if I could keep my food down.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Scouse123 said:

He could always sell his ' borrowed ' watch collection to top up the funds!

The guy can hardly walk unaided let alone govern a country with his stupid ' military mentality '

He has been in Prayuth's shadow all these years, agreeing on policies, so what new policies will come from this Laurel and Hardy duo?

He does walk like the Penguin from the old Batman television series...yet he still stole millions from his followers and this one still does...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Except a disgusting show of wealth while many in the public are below the poverty line.

The usual controlling and criminal cabal. 

Regardless of how they might want to display themselves - if it looks, acts and talks like a duck.....

• Like 1