Wife ties up her gambling husband - makes him quit betting or she's going home to mum

webfact

42c0398a16450c5c286104ddb680ba97c02a9cc9b073625ac98ea35ca76fde2c.jpg

Picture: Siam Rath

Thailand was having a great laugh - usually signified by 555 (ha ha ha) - after an online post of a man who had been tied up by his wife.

The errant husband was bound hands and feet before he agreed to stop his gambling habits.

Fah - the wife - was contacted by Siam Rath who said that when a message came in on her husband's phone she thought he was chatting to another woman. 

She grabbed the phone and saw that it related to a bank transfer of money so he could play online gambling games.

"No I don't" he argued lamely.

This was soon proved to be nonsense with a check of bank records that showed many transfers of hundreds of baht a time.

Faced with the evidence he held his hands up.

So she tied him up to prevent a physical altercation then made him promise to stop his wagering ways or else she was leaving him and going back home to mother.

He agreed and also said he would announce that fact to his friends. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2023-01-31

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

There has been talk around meth re-education centers, though not seen any stories regarding success of these.

Gambling addicts do need more help and for it to be treated properly as an illness.

Their actions defy logic and likely this poor woman has reached the end of her tether with her husbands sickness destroying their lives.

Loans, loan sharks, theft and lies thrive.  I know someone with no job, no income (both as a result of gambling) and still 7 different new sharks were lending her money followed by threats. There is no out.

Seemingly extreme measures are necessary to protect addicts from themselves.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

In my experience they continue after the money runs out and get into a huge debt.

Exactly, till the money runs out. My meaning being their own money, money they've borrowed either through selling/ mortgaging land and /or vehicles, loan shark money, and money borrowed from friends and family.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Jackbenimble said:

great story and made me chuckle but..................to end with "and I'll anounce that fact to my friends" is a give-away lol. If she's true to her word she'll be back with her mom & I'll give him 2-1 odds on that! 

odds on Mom takes her back?

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...