90 day question

So I am on a marriage extension which expired yesterday.

I applied for a further extension on 21 December so it's in being processed and I am supposed to go back on 1 March to get the stamp in my passport.

My 90 days was up for renewal yesterday, I did it on line and it said submitted and was in a pending status, today I received an email and it said contact immigration officer, rejected.

What usually happens in this situation, e.g. no need to go in because they know my application is in, or will I have to go into get a new 90 day issued.

Just wondering if anyone has gone through this process and of course I'm asking because I only just received the email after they closed today so I can't contact them until tomorrow.

4 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

My 90 days was up for renewal yesterday, I did it on line and it said submitted and was in a pending status, today I received an email and it said contact immigration officer, rejected.

What usually happens in this situation, e.g. no need to go in because they know my application is in, or will I have to go into get a new 90 day issued.

Your 90-day report due date has passed, and you've received a REJECTED response to your online submission.

Best you go in and do the 90-day report, before seven days have passed from the due date.

For the most part, extensions and 90-day reporting are independent of each other, though some offices seem to process a fresh 

90-day report, to replace a current one, for the applicant at extension time.

If you don't do anything, you are probably looking at a fine at some point down the road.

But give them a call tomorrow, to get clarity.

Edited by rwilem
  • Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Your 90 day report and marriage extension application are two totally separate things.

If your online 90 day report was rejected then you have to go into the Immigation office to sort it out.

It has nothing to do with your other ext'n.

Yes, thanks, well aware of that, but thought that I would put in the background.

Will be calling them soon because I have no idea why it was rejected, I applied online on the date they advised me to do it again last time.

Will update when I find out what is going on, just weird that it was rejected.

25 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Yes, thanks, well aware of that, but thought that I would put in the background.

Will be calling them soon because I have no idea why it was rejected, I applied online on the date they advised me to do it again last time.

Will update when I find out what is going on, just weird that it was rejected.

If you applied online on the date they gave you last time that maybe your expiry date... which doesn't really give them time to process it?

[you have 14 days prior to do it online.]

Maybe try a few days earlier.

After the expiry you have 7 days grace in which you have to go in person.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

If you applied online on the date they gave you last time that maybe your expiry date... which doesn't really give them time to process it?

[you have 14 days prior to do it online.]

Maybe try a few days earlier.

After the expiry you have 7 days grace in which you have to go in person.

I would suggest that it has something to do with someone not updating the system, or there is a hick-up somewhere within the system along the line.

Further background, I re-entered Thailand on the 28th October with a single re-entry permit, so my 90 days started on that date, my previous 90 days was to expire in November.

I renewed my 90 days online on the 12th of January and this is what I received.

Your application for "STAYING LONGER THAN 90 DAYS" has been approved.

THIS IS NOT AN EXTENSION OF STAY PLEASE NOTIFY YOUR ADDRESS AGAIN ON : 2023-01-30 (UTC +7)

"Your receipt for notification of "STAYING LONGER THAN 90 DAYS" will be due on 30/01/2023".

I then went online on the 30th as requested above and this is what I received below:

We have received your information successfully, you can find your information below, i.e. the TM47 was in a PDF attached as to what I filled in.

And the following day I received an email which said: 

Your application for "STAYING LONGER THAN 90 DAYS" has been rejected.

contact immigration officer

So to me, I did everything correct, i.e. applied on the 12th January which was within the 2 week early period to renew and was approved, however it said that it was approved to 30 January which I found odd, thinking, ok, maybe because that is around the date that my extension expires, i.e. 31 January, but when I applied it was rejected, hence the confusion.

UPDATE: My wife just spoke to a female at immigration office, oh yes, no, he has to come in to do his 90 days.

I said to my wife that's not on, I am not travelling for a total period of 3 hours to go to immigration without knowing what the f up was because it's not from my end, she said with that beautiful smile of hers, you can call them Tiruk, so I did, got the female on the phone, no English, so she put me onto a guy who spoke good English, I gave him the background, and his response was, as we have your application for extension in, just waiting please, when approved we will provide you with a new 90 days, I said, but mine expired 2 days ago, yes ok sir, but we have your application so we know you are still at the same address yes, yes, ok, see you on the 1st march then, yes sir, thank you.

The reason for my post was to see if anyone else has experienced this, and I won't be paying a fine if it comes to that because I recorded the conversation, as I don't trust them.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I would suggest that it has something to do with someone not updating the system, or there is a hick-up somewhere within the system along the line.

Further background, I re-entered Thailand on the 28th October with a single re-entry permit, so my 90 days started on that date, my previous 90 days was to expire in November.

I renewed my 90 days online on the 12th of January and this is what I received.

Your application for "STAYING LONGER THAN 90 DAYS" has been approved.

THIS IS NOT AN EXTENSION OF STAY PLEASE NOTIFY YOUR ADDRESS AGAIN ON : 2023-01-30 (UTC +7)

"Your receipt for notification of "STAYING LONGER THAN 90 DAYS" will be due on 30/01/2023".

I then went online on the 30th as requested above and this is what I received below:

We have received your information successfully, you can find your information below, i.e. the TM47 was in a PDF attached as to what I filled in.

And the following day I received an email which said: 

Your application for "STAYING LONGER THAN 90 DAYS" has been rejected.

contact immigration officer

So to me, I did everything correct, i.e. applied on the 12th January which was within the 2 week early period to renew and was approved, however it said that it was approved to 30 January which I found odd, thinking, ok, maybe because that is around the date that my extension expires, i.e. 31 January, but when I applied it was rejected, hence the confusion.

UPDATE: My wife just spoke to a female at immigration office, oh yes, no, he has to come in to do his 90 days.

I said to my wife that's not on, I am not travelling for a total period of 3 hours to go to immigration without knowing what the f up was because it's not from my end, she said with that beautiful smile of hers, you can call them Tiruk, so I did, got the female on the phone, no English, so she put me onto a guy who spoke good English, I gave him the background, and his response was, as we have your application for extension in, just waiting please, when approved we will provide you with a new 90 days, I said, but mine expired 2 days ago, yes ok sir, but we have your application so we know you are still at the same address yes, yes, ok, see you on the 1st march then, yes sir, thank you.

The reason for my post was to see if anyone else has experienced this, and I won't be paying a fine if it comes to that because I recorded the conversation, as I don't trust them.

Thank you for the further info on your 90 day saga.

Seems the original 90 day date and new arrival date giving you another date were clashing in the system...

good you managed to speak to someone to sort it out.

good you got it sorted out

• Thanks 1

Hope I'm not scaring anyone.

But maybe a similar situation here.....?

Am on a Non-O/multiple entry, obtained in Savannakhet and expiring in this October.

When my 90days-notification was nearly due, I did the online-TM47-notification (a week before due-date). 3 days later, I got an email-reply saying 'Rejected' & 'Please contact immigration officer'.

So I went to Chaeng Wattana in person.

There I learned that I had to leave the country every 90 days....

The reason given is "because Non/O...".

I still don't understand,. but couldn't argue too much; time was ticking....

Then I quickly booked myself a one day return-flight to KL.

Upon return at Suvarnabhumi in the evening, no questions asked by the official and he stamped me in for a new 90 days. 

Does anyone know what I did wrong? Or what could I have done different/better?

2 hours ago, RutNL said:

Hope I'm not scaring anyone.

But maybe a similar situation here.....?

Am on a Non-O/multiple entry, obtained in Savannakhet and expiring in this October.

When my 90days-notification was nearly due, I did the online-TM47-notification (a week before due-date). 3 days later, I got an email-reply saying 'Rejected' & 'Please contact immigration officer'.

So I went to Chaeng Wattana in person.

There I learned that I had to leave the country every 90 days....

The reason given is "because Non/O...".

I still don't understand,. but couldn't argue too much; time was ticking....

Then I quickly booked myself a one day return-flight to KL.

Upon return at Suvarnabhumi in the evening, no questions asked by the official and he stamped me in for a new 90 days. 

Does anyone know what I did wrong? Or what could I have done different/better?

I guess you don't have to do a 90 days Report as you have to leave the Country every 90 days due to your NON O.