Evidence of adequate finance for Single-Entry Tourist Visa

I read on the website of the Thai Embassy in Vientiane (Laos):

Required documents for the application of a single-entry Tourist Visa:

Evidence of adequate finance: 3-month financial statements with an average balance of 20,000 baht per person.

Question 1. How do I provide this financial statement? Can I just screenshot it from my bank-account?

Question 2. What do they exactly want to see on this financial statement? Do I need to provide every bank-transaction of my bank-account in the last 3 months?

In January I sent an obfuscated statement (in PDF format) showing the last month with current balance clearly showing - accepted.

Edited by VBF

Their wording is pretty clear. You might get away with giving them a screenshot instead of an actual statement, and/or with a document that shows your current balance instead of the 3 months they're asking for, but is it worth the risk?

Most of the banks I'm using have a feature in their app that allows me to download a PDF statement for months I can select (typically going back 12 months max). That's what I'd do, for the current months plus the 3 previous ones, and print it.

As long as the current balance is 20,000+ baht and the statement covers 3+ months, as requested, I don't think they're interested in individual transactions, so I'd probably do that for a savings account that has few if any transactions within those 3 months. 

1 hour ago, Caldera said:

Their wording is pretty clear. You might get away with giving them a screenshot instead of an actual statement, and/or with a document that shows your current balance instead of the 3 months they're asking for, but is it worth the risk?

Most of the banks I'm using have a feature in their app that allows me to download a PDF statement for months I can select (typically going back 12 months max). That's what I'd do, for the current months plus the 3 previous ones, and print it.

As long as the current balance is 20,000+ baht and the statement covers 3+ months, as requested, I don't think they're interested in individual transactions, so I'd probably do that for a savings account that has few if any transactions within those 3 months. 

That is incorrect. Please see my post above - 1 month was acceptable.

Oh and sadly, the wording is not clear or if it is, I missed the clarity surrounding amounts and length of time shown.  I found the whole process contained several ambiguities

If I'm wrong (willing to admit if I am) please link me to what wording you're seeing.

3 minutes ago, VBF said:

That is incorrect. Please see my post above - 1 month was acceptable.

Oh and sadly, the wording is not clear or if it is, I missed the clarity surrounding amounts and length of time shown.  I found the whole process contained several ambiguities

If I'm wrong (willing to admit if I am) please link me to what wording you're seeing.

The wording that the OP quoted, obviously. Which is from the RTE's own website.

Assuming that you did in fact apply for a tourist visa in Vientiane as well, note my 2nd sentence. Sometimes they're lenient, but I wouldn't count on it and come prepared. 

• Thumbs Up 1

As recently as November financial information was not an issue at the Vientiane land crossing from Nong Khai.

Is it now necessary to provide financial details at this crossing??

Edited by plat

1 minute ago, plat said:

As recently as November financial information was not an issue at the Vientiane land crossing from Nong Khai.

Is it now necessary to provide financial details??

This is about the Thai embassy's requirements when processing a tourist visa application, not about immigration's requirements at the Nong Khai border checkpoint. 

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Caldera said:

The wording that the OP quoted, obviously. Which is from the RTE's own website.

Assuming that you did in fact apply for a tourist visa in Vientiane as well, note my 2nd sentence. Sometimes they're lenient, but I wouldn't count on it and come prepared. 

My bad - I failed to notice that the OP was applying in Laos - here's that apology! :sorry:

FYI I applied for mine via the London Embassy - here is their wording https://www.thaievisa.go.th/tourist-visa 

But when you go through the process, what "evidence  of adequate finance" is acceptable and for how long the money needed to be held was not clear.    But i guess irrelevant to this discussion 

Edited by VBF

2 minutes ago, plat said:

Is it now necessary to provide financial details??

If you are referring to entry visa exempt you are required to be able to show 20,000 baht (or equivalent in foreign currency) on you but they only rarely enforce this with Westerners.

If you really mean entering on a pre-issued visa, you do nto need t show anything at crossing as you already showed financials to get the visa.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ian carman said:

Did my tourist visa in uk last week just showed a screenshot of my latest bank statement.

Ian you're making the same mistake I made (although you being a relative newbie at least have an excuse! ????)

I did the same as you, in UK, but, one applies to the Embassy where one is currently situated - in our case London, in the case of the OP, Vientiane whose requirements may be different. Although one applies online, it seems to be up to individual Embassies / Consulates to set certain rules / requirements.

• Thanks 1