What should I do?

1 hour ago, d4dang said:

bank draft? How did you send it and to whom? 

1) Thai bank account

2) To a thai name

3) I got a refundable money receipt from him

4) I got a promise of repayment for the 17 February.

Should i wait and see what will happen?

You sent 4,000 to someone you don't know in Thailand and are amazed that they disappeared with it. Heck, sending it to someone you DO know is risky enough. Now you are on a msg board asking people you don't know what to do about it. 

I suggest you stay in your own country where you can navigate society and not have to trust nor ask the advice of total strangers. 

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Satcommlee said:

Be grateful it was only 4000 Baht, any action will cost more than what you will recover.

And, was the property concerned the only suitable property? And no other agents exist? In reality probably dozens of places available and suitable. 

Edited by scorecard

I Agee what Purdy says.

But in the future ask for national ID, drivers license, charnote proving identity; address of residence, phone number, Selfie and any social media accounts like LINE or FACEBOOK. Such information might be useful if you have to file a police report, if only raises the severity/ number of potential crime(s), ie Computer Act and Personal Protection Act.

You are along for the ride.  Should have never mounted up, but u did.  So u can only wait to see if this ride takes you where u want to go.  If not, learn from it and move on.  The reason these people are so successful is the most of us have a good heart and until we get scammed ( Il. never forget her).  So move on and hope it works for the best.

There are no shortage of rental units in Thailand.   Wait for a week or so before you get here and start communicating with agents , but no quid as deposit until u taste the goodies.

You are along for the ride.  Should have never mounted up, but u did.  So u can only wait to see if this ride takes you where u want to go.  If not, learn from it and move on.  The reason these people are so successful is the most of us have a good heart and until we get scammed ( Il. never forget her).  So move on and hope it works for the best.

33 minutes ago, Aussieroaming said:

Ask to see Antoine's work permit and tell him that if he sends you 8000 baht you won't grass him to the authorities.

Nobody likes a grass. It was the OPs idea to send money now he is sorry he was fleeced?

22 hours ago, Ciccio said:

1) Thai bank account

2) To a thai name

3) I got a refundable money receipt from him

4) I got a promise of repayment for the 17 February.

Should i wait and see what will happen?

3: From the Thai person who you sent the money to, or from "Antoine"?

There is nothing else you can currently do except to wait.

Usually scammers try to string along their victims as long as they can. You said that after a few days he informed you already that the deal is off, so you could still be lucky and maybe it's not a scam.

3 hours ago, Ciccio said:

He sent back to me 1500 today and the rest he will send on 17 February.

That's good to hear. I was going to post that since it was your idea to send a deposit that this is not a scam. If he demanded the deposit, that would be different. My guess is that you will receive the rest on the 17th.