Switching Immigration Offices.

After a couple of decades I am going to change my living arrangements and make Buri Ram my primary residence calling in to my condo at Na Jomtien once a year or so for my annual medical check-up at the BPH and for renewal of my extension based on retirement at the Chonburi Immigration offices.

My experiences with the Immigration office at Chonburi in both old and new locations has been always been remarkably great but because of overcrowding (long lines at the check-in counter) I am considering changing to the Immigration offices at Buri Ram i-Mobile Stadium.

I am seeking input from retirees or from those who are familiar with the said immigration office/personnel on the requirement of supporting documents for obtaining an annual  extension based on retirement and if my purposed undertaking is either a foolish or wise decision with reference to switching immigration offices.

I moved from Pattaya to Buriram ages ago (7+ years now) and I find the Immigration on the Hill very good.

I only go to the one in the Stadium for my 90 day reports as it's on my way into town.

I recently (2-3 weeks) extended my Retirement Extension and was in and out in 40 minutes (20 minutes of those were waiting time as we arrived during Lunch hour).

• Like 2

These are the documents I needed  to extend my extension (YMMV)

1)    TM 7 Immigration Form
    a.    Photo to stick on TM 7
2)    Copy Passport
    a.    Copy Face Page
    b.    Copy last Non – O
    c.    Copy Last Entry Stamp into Thailand
    d.    Copy Last Extension of Stay
    e.    Copy TM 6 Departure Card
    f.    Copy last 90-day report
3)    Copy ID Card Wife + Original
4)    Copy Tabien Baan Wife
5)    Bank Book
    a.    Transfer money to account on day of Extension
    b.    Update Bank Book @Bank Branch on day of Extension
    c.    Bank letter obtainable from Bank
    d.    Bank Statement going back 6 Months
    e.    Copy First Page (Name)

3 and 4 are needed for me because I live in my Wife's house ????

Edited by MJCM

1 hour ago, MJCM said:

3 and 4 are needed for me because I live in my Wife's house ????

Your posts are very encouraging - thanks!

I am in a similar situation as am going to live in my partner's house also. But I am surprised the need of her producing a bank book too. Are you sure this requirement is a part of the retirement extension? I would have thought it is more applicable for an extension based on marriage.

After submitting the required and correct documents at Jomtien, the passport with the extension is not available on the same day, moreover there is an extra requirement for returning to the office after three months producing bank details ensuring funds of at least THB800k are available. These extra demands seem not to be enforced by the Immigration offices at Buri Ram.

May I ask why you don't use the on-line system for completing the 90 day reporting requirement?

Withe reference to:
"a. Transfer money to account on day of Extension"
Could you please elaborate.

For the past 10 years I leave a balance of about THB900K permanently in my bank account and either deposit or withdraw THB100.- to comply with the required update of my account on the day of submitting all documents to the Immigration officer. So, at Jomtien I don't need to transfer any funds to qualify for an extension. I guess/hope this would satisfy the Buri Ram Immigration officers also

And at Jomtien I never have been required for producing a Bank Statement as the Bank Letter from the respective bank seems to suffice.

12 minutes ago, CapraIbex said:

I am in a similar situation as am going to live in my partner's house also. But I am surprised the need of her producing a bank book too. Are you sure this requirement is a part of the retirement extension? I would have thought it is more applicable for an extension based on marriage.

Where do I say about HER bank book?

#5 is my Bank Book, she only needs ID card and Tabien Baan

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, CapraIbex said:

Withe reference to:
"a. Transfer money to account on day of Extension"
Could you please elaborate.

For the past 10 years I leave a balance of about THB900K permanently in my bank account and either deposit or withdraw THB100.- to comply with the required update of my account on the day of submitting all documents to the Immigration officer. So, at Jomtien I don't need to transfer any funds to qualify for an extension. I guess/hope this would satisfy the Buri Ram Immigration officers also

Maybe I should have said some money, but if you know Immigration, the money has to be in the account for longer periods then 1 day (I thought that was obvious, but apparently not)

I am using a Fixed Deposit account and the money (over 800k) is in there for a long time.

So I transfer some money (2000 THB) early morning to the account and then go to the Bank get Bank Letter (certified Bank Balance) and also a 6 month statement (can get both one the same day (took me around 40 mins last time).

Bank letter has balance from today

Statement has balance from YESTERDAY.

Also Update your Bank Book

Edited by MJCM

27 minutes ago, CapraIbex said:

And at Jomtien I never have been required for producing a Bank Statement as the Bank Letter from the respective bank seems to suffice.

You can try and maybe you get the Extension or not and thus get send away Up 2 U.

Good luck with your Move

Edited by MJCM

31 minutes ago, CapraIbex said:

May I ask why you don't use the on-line system for completing the 90 day reporting requirement?

Last time it was 1,5 weeks pending and still not approved. Before the new system 90 day report worked but not any more (YMMV), thus I don't take any chances and just go to Immigration on my way for shopping and as we are +/- 40kms away from Buriram city we combine it with a visit to Makro.

Edited by MJCM

26 minutes ago, CapraIbex said:

And at Jomtien I never have been required for producing a Bank Statement as the Bank Letter from the respective bank seems to suffice

That's exactly the recommended way to do things.

Some offices are asking for bank statements now.

Previously I never had this requirement at CW however my most recent extension they wanted bank statements as there were months when there was zero activity. I use a dedicated bank account for immigration. 

Rubbish requirement by them to demand bank statements. 

As for Jomtien requiring you to return for 3 month bank check there are no consequences for not doing that. 

8 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Oke maybe it's a rubbish requirement but it's easy to obtain from your bank the same time as you get your Bank Letter.

Both took me only 40 mins in the Bank last time and total cost 200 THB (100 THB for the letter and 100 THB for the Statement)

I remember one member (also using Buriram) not needing the letters/statement, but I did and I rather take too much to Immigration then too little and get send away.

Up 2 the OP of course.

Edit Ps: I did not give them the Statement right away I was asked for it.

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 1

If you don't move far why bother telling them if the original office gets less people? I moved just over the border from one province to another never told them, they never visit so never found out. The 90 day reports are a joke anyway.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Oke maybe it's a rubbish requirement but it's easy to obtain from your bank the same time as you get your Bank Letter.

Not for all banks..

Think Bangkok Bank takes days+ 

With a dedicated bank account maintaining 800k + baht all year long bank statements is a joke. 

Also this was a new trick at CW. 

Edited by DrJack54

13 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Not for all banks..

Think Bangkok Bank takes days+ 

With a dedicated bank account maintaining 800k + baht all year long bank statements is a joke. 

Also this was a new trick at CW. 

BANGKOKBANK 1 year statement takes 7 days, 6 month statement I got the same day as my bank letter. 

3 month statement also same day.

its the same as the KR2 some want that it is only 1 day old and there are even some IO that want the KR2 issued on the same day as going to immigration (and that can be a difficult thing to combine Amphur, Bank and Immigration visit all on the same day). 

1 hour ago, MJCM said:

Where do I say about HER bank book?

#5 is my Bank Book, she only needs ID card and Tabien Baan

Sorry, I misread and wrongly assumed that item 5) is a part of the required documents to be submitted by the wife/partner

1 hour ago, MJCM said:

Maybe I should have said some money, but if you know Immigration, the money has to be in the account for longer periods then 1 day (I thought that was obvious, but apparently not)

I am using a Fixed Deposit account and the money (over 800k) is in there for a long time.

So I transfer some money (2000 THB) early morning to the account and then go to the Bank get Bank Letter (certified Bank Balance) and also a 6 month statement (can get both one the same day (took me around 40 mins last time).

Bank letter has balance from today

Statement has balance from YESTERDAY.

Also Update your Bank Book

Again, please accept my apologies for having you to reiterate the obvious.

1 hour ago, MJCM said:

You can try and maybe you get the Extension or not and thus get send away Up 2 U.

Good luck with your Move

In my original post I requested if the Buri Ram Immigration Office require extra documents apart from the official documents. So, according to your experience a Bank Statement maybe/is required - I won't have a problem with that extra demand as I prefer going to the office prepared, thank you for the info.

And I realise that it is Up 2 Me. I am almost sorry for posting and requesting information.

1 hour ago, MJCM said:

Last time it was 1,5 weeks pending and still not approved. Before the new system 90 day report worked but not any more (YMMV), thus I don't take any chances and just go to Immigration on my way for shopping and as we are +/- 40kms away from Buriram city we combine it with a visit to Makro.

As far as I am concerned and based on my experience the on-lin 90 day reporting system <https://tm47.immigration.go.th/tm47/#/login> is working like charm. I usually apply at 8.46am and by around 10.00am have an e-mail stating: "Your application for "STAYING LONGER THAN 90 DAYS" has been approved." Heck, the ROYAL THAI POLICE IMMIGRATION BUREAU even send out a reminder about two weeks prior application is due.

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Previously I never had this requirement at CW however my most recent extension they wanted bank statements as there were months when there was zero activity. I use a dedicated bank account for immigration. 

As for Jomtien requiring you to return for 3 month bank check there are no consequences for not doing that. 

I shall be guided accordingly relating to the possible requirement of a bank statement.

At my age, I can't afford any quarrels with the Immigration officers and better comply until they don't ask anymore for the 3 months bank account balance check. The switch to the Buri Ram Immigration offices will solve this. Thanks.

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

That is not True my friend was denied his renewal in january 23 for some money was move his acc drin the 3 months.

Is it possible to change immigration office still living at the same address? Im living in 20150 chonburi province went always to jomtien could i change to siracha or chonburi immigration ? Both are located in the chonburi province

Wbr

Roobaa01

Edited by roobaa01

14 minutes ago, CapraIbex said:

As far as I am concerned and based on my experience the on-lin 90 day reporting system <https://tm47.immigration.go.th/tm47/#/login> is working like charm. I usually apply at 8.46am and by around 10.00am have an e-mail stating: "Your application for "STAYING LONGER THAN 90 DAYS" has been approved." Heck, the ROYAL THAI POLICE IMMIGRATION BUREAU even send out a reminder about two weeks prior application is due.

But you are using Jomtien, I am using Buriram. 

i used the old system and it worked perfectly but the new system hasn’t worked for me every time I tried

18 minutes ago, CapraIbex said:

And I realise that it is Up 2 Me. I am almost sorry for posting and requesting information.

You request info on Buriram IO but then start saying yeah Jomtien you need this and not that. That is why I said Up 2 U.

I think you should know by now that every IO and even different officers have different requirements.

I haven’t even written that on my visit to ask for new requirements in beginning of Jan the officer I spoke to said that I needed Yellow House book for current address. I have a YHB but for old address (in Buriram).

I changed adres on the YHB and took it with me when I renewed my extension but it wasn’t asked for

1 minute ago, MJCM said:

i used the old system and it worked perfectly but the new system hasn’t worked for me every time I tried

Interesting. I was not aware that the location would make any difference. My last 2 applications from my home at Buri Ram went through swimmingly; Maybe it won't when switching Immigration offices...oh well.

6 minutes ago, CapraIbex said:

Interesting. I was not aware that the location would make any difference. My last 2 applications from my home at Buri Ram went through swimmingly; Maybe it won't when switching Immigration offices...oh well.

I just checked

2022 tried 2 times, 1st time waited 5 days, 2nd time waited almost a week. Haven't tried since so maybe it has improved but then another member could comment.

I am not that bothered that it doesn't work as we have 3 weeks to do the 90 Report and in those 3 weeks we most certainly will have a visit to Makro or Big C in the agenda and thus combine it. And If I can't go my wife or my BIL can also do it for me.

My experience of Buriram immigration has been great for years. I recently switched from a Non-B to a Non-O Retirement. It was a new application, not a renewal. I usually use the satellite office near the stadium, but that was closed for the day due to shortage of staff. The usual IO was working at the new main office.

I got the letter from the bank (Bangkok Bank, the recap bank statement and the updated Bank Book. It is my active bank account, with a lot more money in it than required for a Non-O. Nonetheless, care should be paid to the totals on the letter, statement and book bank being the same (ie taking into account the current day).

I handed out the list of docs (my passport, the bank papers, my wife's ID and Tabien Ban), . The admin assistants made all the copies while I waited, then the IO called me, made me sign many forms and copies, and that was it. It took a bit longer because I also needed a multi-reentry and 2 letters of residence, but all in all the entire process was wrapped up same day and under 1 hour.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roobaa01 said:

That is not True my friend was denied his renewal in january 23 for some money was move his acc drin the 3 months.

I would as referring to no consequences of not going back to Jomtien for 3 month check.

That assumes that you maintained the 800k+ requirement.

Your friend by the sound of it did not. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CapraIbex said:
6 hours ago, MJCM said:

It doesn't matter which province you are in when you submit an online 90 day report. It's the address that you are reporting as your home address that matters. If you do a report online whilst in Buriram and specify your home address as Jomtien/Pattaya, then it is the Jomtien/Pattaya office that receives and processes the report.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

It doesn't matter which province you are in when you submit an online 90 day report. It's the address that you are reporting as your home address that matters. If you do a report online whilst in Buriram and specify your home address as Jomtien/Pattaya, then it is the Jomtien/Pattaya office that receives and processes the report.

Did you have any luck doing the online 90 day report?

Waited a week or so and still not approved, so I went to IO, haven’t tried since.

8 hours ago, MJCM said:

Did you have any luck doing the online 90 day report?

Waited a week or so and still not approved, so I went to IO, haven’t tried since.

Yes, The "new" website has worked every time for me, so far. I usually have to wait for at least 3 (working) days for approval.

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Like 1