Thailand Corruption: School director caught red-handed with "brown envelope" stuffed with cash - profiting from kid's lunch money

webfact

34 minutes ago, Banana7 said:

Finally, the Police and the Press name and photograph the corrupt individual, wonderful job! It is refreshing to see the Police doing their job well, with video evidence, and releasing it to the public.

so who decided to pixillate the face of this "corrupt individual"? Thai Rath??

"Unusually for Thailand where defamation laws usually preclude names being used there was no such reticence on behalf of the media or authorities on this blatant occasion of corruption. "

1 hour ago, Purdey said:

The story looks like the police left the money on the table not the vendor. 

"They had arranged for a brown envelope stuffed with the cash."

Is it a sting or entrapment? 

This will be added to the statements and any other evidence and testimony provided by the vendor. There is a bit of a difference on video between someone reacting with surprise (didn't happen) and peering into the contents, and methodically counting money as if it were expected. 

52 minutes ago, ignore it said:

Enough already. No more extortion disclosures for a couple of days. 

My jaw muscles ache from grinning, and my sides are split from laughing.

Try to keep it to one or two a week.  There's enough to last forever.

probably not so side splitting if you were one of the kids getting a <deleted> or reduced lunch

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

That is before corrupt payments are made , it would cost more to feed

a dog for a day , there would be no fat kids at that school....

regards worgeordie 

28 baht can provide a fairly decent meal when cooked in quantity....lots of rice and noodles and soup type dishes with veggies and a bit of chicken or pork here and there....drink water.

8 years ago in Chiang Rai the kids paid 20 baht and while certainly not gourmet they had several choices and overall it wasn't all that bad...probably better than what a lot of them got at home...but for sure there is no room for people to get paid off in that kind of budget...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, pomchop said:

28 baht can provide a fairly decent meal when cooked in quantity....lots of rice and noodles and soup type dishes with veggies and a bit of chicken or pork here and there....drink water.

8 years ago in Chiang Rai the kids paid 20 baht and while certainly not gourmet they had several choices and overall it wasn't all that bad...probably better than what a lot of them got at home...but for sure there is no room for people to get paid off in that kind of budget...

But its not 28 baht , that's what the supplier is paid , out of that he has to pay kickback ,

so getting 3 meals out of what's left and still make a profit , it will be "please sir can I have some more "

regards worgeordie

5 hours ago, webfact said:

"They must have left the envelope there - It's not mine."

never willing to accept any responsibility these people. disgusting pathetic loser. this is the kind of person i was referring to in an earlier post. 

i would love to crush this mans life and take everything he has taken from those less powerful. then give it all back to the children and or school.  

• Like 1