90 day reporting funds in bank

I did my yearly retirement visa last November. I used a combination of direct deposts and money in the bank. I was given a form from immigration. To report 90 days after the visa stamp, a copy of passport page, visa stamp, front page of bank book and last page of bank book. Why do people using a visa company to get a retirement visa. Don't have to report the funds in the bank 90 days after their stamp?   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rwill said:

I have never used an agent.  I use Ratchaburi immigration.  Only once, 3 years ago, was I asked to return on my next 90 day with a bank statement after doing my extension.

I also use Ratchaburi , I did my yearly in November  , got the slip of paper and told to return after 90 days with financial details.

Last 2 yearly's it was never mentioned , now just popped up out of the blue again .

Edited by NE1

On 2/4/2023 at 5:34 PM, NE1 said:

I also use Ratchaburi , I did my yearly in November  , got the slip of paper and told to return after 90 days with financial details.

Last 2 yearly's it was never mentioned , now just popped up out of the blue again .

I did mine towards the end of January.  I did not get anything like that or told to do so like I was 2 years ago.  Must be a random thing or perhaps who does your extension.  Maybe also because I leave over 800K all year they don't bother with it.  Who knows.

I just went to Jomtien Immigration with all the required paperwork, the stall outside for 90 day reporting took ONLY my passport (with the TM30 stapled inside), and didn't need ANY of the documents I had prepared!  Waste of photocopy fees!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

Not all Immigration Offices require the '90-day Bank-Deposit Check' after you got your 1-year extension stamp.

At my SiSaKet Immigration Office it is required, but they only need to see your updated bank pass-book to check whether you met the 800K in bank requirement during the 90 days after your Non Imm O extension of reason of retirement was approved.

Luckily at SiSaKet they reset the start-date of your 90-day report when applying for your extension, so the 90-day report and the 90-day Bank-Deposit check can be done at same time.  However, due to the Bank-Deposit check it needs to be done not earlier than 90 days, but on the day as indicated on the slip in your passport (or in the 6 days grace-period after that date). 

3 hours ago, CanadaSam said:

I just went to Jomtien Immigration with all the required paperwork, the stall outside for 90 day reporting took ONLY my passport (with the TM30 stapled inside), and didn't need ANY of the documents I had prepared!  Waste of photocopy fees!!!

90 day address reports are required. 

Best to do online.

Show money orders are best IGNORED. 

No consequences if  you do.

They are completely separate things.

42 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Not all Immigration Offices require the '90-day Bank-Deposit Check' after you got your 1-year extension stamp.

At my SiSaKet Immigration Office it is required, but they only need to see your updated bank pass-book to check whether you met the 800K in bank requirement during the 90 days after your Non Imm O extension of reason of retirement was approved.

Luckily at SiSaKet they reset the start-date of your 90-day report when applying for your extension, so the 90-day report and the 90-day Bank-Deposit check can be done at same time.  However, due to the Bank-Deposit check it needs to be done not earlier than 90 days, but on the day as indicated on the slip in your passport (or in the 6 days grace-period after that date). 

Very few do hand out the orders.

At Jomtien if you get the order,. it can be  ignored.

6 hours ago, rwill said:

I did mine towards the end of January.  I did not get anything like that or told to do so like I was 2 years ago.  Must be a random thing or perhaps who does your extension.  Maybe also because I leave over 800K all year they don't bother with it.  Who knows.

Check your messages.

11 hours ago, flexomike said:

why would anyone with 800,000 in the bank pay 27,000 to an agent to do an application

It's a mystery to me ???? One agent in Pattaya offered this service on their website for 31к (and 39k if you have 800k in a bank). When I asked in the comments - "what you need to pay money for", they deleted my comment and this service ????

11 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

Why would they want proof of funds for 90 day report. The online system does not ask for it. On the other hand, I forgot where I was for a minute....

They are completely separate things. The show money orders have absolutely  nothing to do with 90 day address reports.

I was only ever asked to show Baht 800K in bank on yearly renewal, never asked for 99 day reporting, this was at BKK Immigration.

It would have been a bit difficult to do it any other way, as I did the following 3 x 90 day reports by post. Never any problems. 

Never ceases to amaze me how various immigration departments can screw up such a simple process by changing or adding their own stupid requirements at will. 
Sack the lot and put the rest on the night shift. ????

Edited by Dazkkk

On 2/6/2023 at 7:20 AM, lanng khao said:

I've just paid half of that with no funds, anyone paying that amount must have more money than sense.

its 27,000 in Pattaya to 1st convert ur entry stamp to a non o visa, than to get the 1 year extension.
next year its 12,500 for JUST the 1 year extension