Exercise Stress Test +CT Calcium Scan

mrmicbkktxl

Hi I'm looking to get an EST and CT Calcium Scan in Pattaya/Sriracha/Chonburi area.I want only those two tests and not a whole package.Anyone knows where to get it and estimated costs?I checked some websites like piyathai and samitevej already,but very difficult to navigate there and search function not really helpful.Government hospital would be ok too

OP why do you feel like you need these tests doing? Diet is a very dangerous thing these days.....so is going for a medical examination.......ever heard the stories of the mechanics who tell you your car needs thousands of dollars of work and there's actually not much wrong with it :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, driver52 said:

OP why do you feel like you need these tests doing? Diet is a very dangerous thing these days.....so is going for a medical examination.......ever heard the stories of the mechanics who tell you your car needs thousands of dollars of work and there's actually not much wrong with it :ph34r:

I want an EST because I like to know if my heart has any problems,but since an EST can't tell 100% of your heart condition I want a CT calcium scan too.2021 I had some heart problems,pain in left arm and chest while jogging,and one time during the night while sleeping after drinking and eating like a pig the evening before(suspected Angina Pectoris),doctor prescribed Vastarel 35mg,Isotrate Isosorbide 10mg,Isosorbide Dinitrate Sublingual 5mg and Cardiprin 100mg.After a few weeks my symptoms got better.Anyway since that happend I stopped drinking alcohol and changed my diet,I lost 10 KG(102kg to 92KG,190cm tall) weight and feel better but once in a while I still get light pain.Now covid is almost gone so I think it is a good time to do some tests.In March I want fly back to Europe for a while and see some doctors maybe not to bad if I have some medical documents for them.So what is wrong or dangerous with an EST and CT Calcium Scan?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

I want an EST because I like to know if my heart has any problems,but since an EST can't tell 100% of your heart condition I want a CT calcium scan too.2021 I had some heart problems,pain in left arm and chest while jogging,and one time during the night while sleeping after drinking and eating like a pig the evening before(suspected Angina Pectoris),doctor prescribed Vastarel 35mg,Isotrate Isosorbide 10mg,Isosorbide Dinitrate Sublingual 5mg and Cardiprin 100mg.After a few weeks my symptoms got better.Anyway since that happend I stopped drinking alcohol and changed my diet,I lost 10 KG(102kg to 92KG,190cm tall) weight and feel better but once in a while I still get light pain.Now covid is almost gone so I think it is a good time to do some tests.In March I want fly back to Europe for a while and see some doctors maybe not to bad if I have some medical documents for them.So what is wrong or dangerous with an EST and CT Calcium Scan?

Nothing wrong nor dangerous, what is dangerous is a little knowledge (to some people) 

It would be unusual and probably unnecessary to get both a Stress Test and a CT calcium scan, usually it is one or the other, with the CT being more accurate but of course more costly.

In addition if you are still on the medications mentioned you would need to stop some or all of them before being able top do an EST (not the case for CT).

I would suggets oyu get only the CT Calcium scan. Occasionally Phyathai Sri Racha Hospital has offered these through their health checkup service, otherwise one has to see a cardiologist first to have it ordered.  Suggest you email [email protected]

34 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

It would be unusual and probably unnecessary to get both a Stress Test and a CT calcium scan, usually it is one or the other, with the CT being more accurate but of course more costly.

In addition if you are still on the medications mentioned you would need to stop some or all of them before being able top do an EST (not the case for CT).

I would suggets oyu get only the CT Calcium scan. Occasionally Phyathai Sri Racha Hospital has offered these through their health checkup service, otherwise one has to see a cardiologist first to have it ordered.  Suggest you email [email protected]

Thanks,I didn't know I have to stop the medication before EST.I went to their  website already kind of difficult to find what I'm looking for

1 hour ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

Thanks,I didn't know I have to stop the medication before EST.I went to their  website already kind of difficult to find what I'm looking for

You will not find it on the website.  Email. And as mentioned might have to see cardiologist first.

Or if willing to come to Bangkok for this can book here https://www.bumrungrad.com/en/packages/heart-screening-calcium-scoring-ct

• Thanks 1