Hot weather forecast as February ends

webfact

Warm summer anticipated after February, upwards of 40°C in some areas

image.png

Thailand’s dry season is forecast to begin at the end of February, 1-2 weeks later than normal, but average temperatures will be higher than last year, reaching 40-43°C in some areas from mid-March to mid-April.

According to the Thai Meteorological Department, the average maximum temperature this summer is forecast to be at 35.5°C in the north of the country, which is close to normal, but higher than last year’s 34°C.

Thailand’s north and north-east will be cool in the mornings, from the end of February to mid-March, but hot during the day time. Temperatures could reach 43°C in some areas, which will result in summer storms from mid-March to mid-April.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/warm-summer-anticipated-after-february-upwards-of-40c-in-some-areas/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2023-02-06

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Haha 2

Regarding weather reports for the lovely family resort Pattaya - better trust a glass ball ???? or a fortune cookie ????. Often the reports change within hours from heavy rain ⛈️ to sunshine ???? or from morning temperatures of 18 degrees ???? to 25 degrees ????. Sometimes the weather shows mercy and does what they forecast.

https://www4.tmd.go.th/en/province.php?StationNumber=48461

• Haha 1

Here in south Surin we had our first rain last night since early December. A beautiful heavyish downpour that lasted about 15-20 minutes ... some 4 hours after I had carefully watered the shrubs.

Everything sparkling and looking very cheerful this morning. The barren lawns turning greenish before our eyes ...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Partenavia said:

Considering we haven't had any rain since October, I would say the dry season is already here.

Another quiet day for news so have to fill the pages with something.

A lot depends on where you are. When I first came to this area in 2008 the dry season started in November and there would be no rain at all until at least April, with temperatures regularly into the 40s. One year no there was no rain until June. We are self sufficient, normally, on water but that year had to start buying it but fortunately we went to UK mid May.

Since 2016 we have not gone through the winter months without some rain of varying degrees in Jan or Feb with temperatures being relatively lower, not run out of water in that time. In 2011 our wells run out during my father in law's funeral end of Dec, still going strong at the moment so who knows.

It was forecast last Wednesday that we would have rain, never materialised just a bit cloudy. So much for predictions.

2 hours ago, cjinchiangrai said:

The science on that is pretty clear, and agreed upon by those that know what they are talking about.

You like me probably only see the media reporting on the science not the actual science. 

In the UK many say it's clear poor pensioners are choosing heat or eat. The media report this daily. My mom is the poorest pensioner on the UK and I can say it's definitely not that.

Don't trust the matrix. 

• Like 1

Sitting here in BKK, I felt the change as soon as the calendar turned to February.  Cool season is over.  Days and nights are warmer and more humid...the impending hot season looming.  Yes, I believe its gonna be a MFer of a hot season this year.

12 hours ago, webfact said:

reaching 40-43°C in some areas

So, just like July, August, and September back where I came from. The 43 degree high does seem a bit on the high side for Thailand. Feel sorry for the people not used to this and facing it for the first time. Doesn't take much to overwork and get heat stroke.

10 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

These guys actually get paid to tell us we are heading for hot weather in March. A little bit hotter than last year. OK. The early rains would be very welcome. 

Been the cyclical trend for a couple decades.

Early rains and extended and rainy season.

8 hours ago, Partenavia said:

Considering we haven't had any rain since October, I would say the dry season is already here.

It hadn't stopped raining all year here on Phuket, including Christmas/New Year. El Nina, so El Nino (dry) is to be expected after last year's El Nino. (dry).

Edited by rabiedabruce
forgot to mention location