Entry/Exit Savannakhet for my 90 days

Dan747

Planning on entry into Savannakhet after my 90-day period for my Thai Non-O Multiply one year Visa and reenter Thailand after a few days of exploring. Has anyone recently done this? Appreciate any response since {Precovid} I have not done this in a while. Thank you. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, last week, my Thai wife and I did the trip on Wednesday. Traveled from Ubon in my truck and parked (250 baht) at the freedom bridge. Took the "Thai" bus over (20 Baht each) paid 1,900 baht for visa on arrival window at the Laos freedom bridge. Wife on her Thai Passport paid 100 baht to enter. Had to hurry due to the bus waiting for us to travel to the Savannakhet bus station. Paid a tuktuk to 80 baht to our hotel Avalon Residence, which was in walking distance-Did not know. Paid hotel 20 USD, not interested in paying in baht. I already had a Thai Non-O Multiply one year Visa so I did not visit the Thai consulate. Took a Tuktuk to the Mekong River boardwalk 150 baht. Found out all Tuktuk's charge 150 for any ride anywhere. Had dinner at the Savannakhet New Night Market-street food paid in baht. 150 baht back to the hotel. Morning hotel breakfast nothing special for me; eggs, hotdog, toast, coffee.  Hotel desk said we could walk to bus station, which we did. Paid 100 baht, 50 each for "Laos" bus back to Thailand via freedom bridge. Bus ticket said 25 baht, not 50. At Laos immigration to get stamped out paid 100-baht, wife on Thai passport paid the same. Got to the Thai side stamped in "GOOD" for another 90 days. Bus ride over and back not full like years before where you had to fight to get on. Both rides were around noon. Trip was uneventful, but we had the feeling of being scammed every which way a few baht here and there. Locals treat you as a Visa run not a Tourist. I think you can maybe just go in and back if your on a multiple entry. Hope this helps, Good Luck and Happy Travels. 

Edited by Dan747

FYI from a Facebook Thai Visa posting (2/15/2023): 

Today I was at savannakhet thai embassy, got there before 9am.
The line was massive, when I finally got to the counter after being in line for over 2 and half hours they said I needed bank statement and confirmation of booking in Laos.
I quickly rushed across the road got my thai bank statement but on my booking confirmation didn't have my name on it and was told to came back the next day.
I printed out the Visa application and on the form it does not state bank statement or confirmation of booking.

May be an image of ‎text that says '‎SUMMARY OF VISA REGULATIONS IMMIGRATION ACT 2522 1979 LEVANT TEXTS restricted obtained from enter Consular Section. date applicants and Thailand, THE ACTUAL ENGTH exceeding exceeding 4.2 Officers Days. ONE form. passport/travel from which should application; alid least yo Passport; MONTHS recentphotographs; Appropriate (.ee case TOURISM, please STAY, Examples EVIDENCE ransit: case are: in your case work Thailand, ourprospective employer, such documents should Savannakhet, VISAFEES addressed othe Royal Thai- i-Consul Thai ۔ Baht The applicable fees person 800 August 2003 Non Immigrant Visa: Baht2,000 entry follows: person single entry/ for multiple entries.‎'‎