Queues at Jomtien immigration

There is a report on Pattaya expats newsletter that people wanting retirement extensions do not need to wait in the queue at the entrance but can go to the exit door where they will be given a number and allowed to wait inside.I am planning to go tomorrow to do this can anyone confirm this is in fact the case?

15 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I think you might be referring to the next day pick up of your approved extension.

That's not how the article reads and also you are not given a queue number to pick up your pp..all that is required is the number given to you the previous day and you have always just walked straight in for pick up usually 2pm.

Edited by chang50
More info.

59 minutes ago, jesimps said:

I hope this also applies to marriage visas. Wouldn't want to keep 'er indoors waiting outdoors.

some would say having a marriage visa here is for fools only........:cheesy:

oops sorry....feeling a little giddy this morning.....no offence intended :sorry:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, phennecke said:

They need only your passport, not even you yourself. The last three times my wife did it for me.

What, for an extension?  Since when have you not had to submit bank letter and book?  Or are you taking about the 90 day report?  

Edited by Doctor Tom

24 minutes ago, OneZero said:

If 90 day report folks are waiting outside, and renewal can go in the exit door, then what are the long ques for?

Just a guess but those folks, tourists, that entered on 45 day visa exempt and now want an extension of stay?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Doctor Tom said:

What, for an extension?  Since when have you not had to submit bank letter and book?  Or are you taking about the 90 day report?  

You are right, there is more necessary for the extention, and you get it next day.

I misunderstood the thread.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, petermik said:

some would say having a marriage visa here is for fools only........:cheesy:

oops sorry....feeling a little giddy this morning.....no offence intended :sorry:

You could be right there, this one's wife number three. We never learn, although we've been together for 16 years, so not doing too bad this time around.

Trat today; went to get my marriage extension stamp after the consideration period, did a drive by at 10am jeez queues outside, nah I'll come back after lunch, still queues, dropped the wife off, with with my PP, she had to wait 1hr, place was full with Tourists and Foreign labourers, very unusual for Trat IO to be full.  Oh well 1yr before I have to go back :jap: :partytime2: