Alarm System/monitoring

I would like to install a monitored burglar alarm system at my in laws home in Bangkok. I would mainly like a system that came with door & window monitoring and would have an additional health security alarm that they could wear in case they fall or hurt themselves someway... Any suggestions of companies?

I would like to install a monitored burglar alarm system at my in laws home in Bangkok. I would mainly like a system that came with door & window monitoring and would have an additional health security alarm that they could wear in case they fall or hurt themselves someway... Any suggestions of companies?

We have the Maxwell System..state of the art..it even has a 'follow me' will phone me if it goes off..I can set it from my phone etc etc..they exhibit at 'home an furniture' shows

www.maxwell.co.th The guy who installed ours [email protected] if I'm not allowed to give this info and it get deleted....sorry........pm me if you likes

• 2 years later...

hi everyone,

I see this thread is old but I'm looking for a burglar alarm to install on my home in Bangkok.

I'm interested in finding out whether there are any companies in Bangkok which do monitoring ie when the alarm is tripped, they phone to check and alert the police if necessary.

Thanks if anyone could give contact details, etc.

hi everyone,

I see this thread is old but I'm looking for a burglar alarm to install on my home in Bangkok.

I'm interested in finding out whether there are any companies in Bangkok which do monitoring ie when the alarm is tripped, they phone to check and alert the police if necessary.

Thanks if anyone could give contact details, etc.

Please, do not rely on alarms systems and/or CCTVs, even those monitored by security companies, to keep your family safe. They are merely a warning that someone has broken into your home giving you about thirty seconds to get yourself and your loved ones into a protected environment. If you have not made arrangements for that, you are missing the whole benefit of getting that advance notice, however short it may be. These days homes need to be made secure from the outermost perimeter inwards, like layers of an onion. Think of an ancient fortress with outer wall, inner wall, castle and keep. The progression of barriers to the attackers made getting from the outer wall to the keep difficult and time consuming enough for the aristocracy to get themselves to where they were inaccessible. The same holds true with today's criminals who are likely armed with guns, so the best course of action, if you can't keep them out, is to let them have what material possessions they want. There are ways to keep them out entirely but alarms and cameras will not do it and expecting security personnel or the police to get there in time to keep you unharmed is a big mistake.

There are MANY burglar alarm companies based in or near Bangkok. If you go to a news stand and purchase a couple of Thai language magazines such as "Home and Garden" or "Room" you will see many alarm company advertisements towards the rear of the magazines. Most of the companies have a web site, often in English. ADT, BOSCH, and Maxwell are just some of the companies that offer installation and monitoring. As John45 pointed out many of these firms set up booths at the various "Furniture or Home Shows" held most any month in Bangkok at the three Expo Centers. Now in my experience you can easily obtain written price quotes with detailed equipment lists from most any vendor, BUT telephone on a Sunday night the phone number they give you for a "service call". In my experience the speed of answering and the English language skills of the actual operators varied greatly between firms. Sure the salesperson could speak and understand English, but it is the staff who man the monitoring desk that would call you and/or police if there was an alarm tripped.

As Yamantaka posted you might not just rely on the alarm system. In Bangkok there are several firms that install and service legal electric fences. I've even seen two firms with spiked fence toppings that rotate. There certainly is no shortage of firms in Bangkok that can design and install CCTV systems as well as attractive metal window bars and metal door security gates. It is a noble goal to keep your loved one's safe in any city, but I recommend you PHONE at night the possible "help desk" of any company you were considering. They all "talk the big time talk", but in my experience some firms were WEAK in the actual service department after 8p.m. Up Country a home intrusion alarm can be set to phone the local Police Department at no monthly fee. In at least one beach community on Phuket Island the Police sleep at the station at night and do not answer the phone if you call them directly or have an alarm company phone them.

Thanks very much for the suggestions and advice, I'll take heed. I don't think that constructing a 'Panic Room' is within my budget!

Good advice about the window and door security bars which my home has, fascinating about the fences and spikes.

I'll check the publications you suggested and take note about their effectiveness.

Get your thai spouse to obtain a gun license, and buy a gun.

There is no better deterrent than a few shots fired into the

air! But practice first.

On a more gentler note, IR sensor lights on the house or fence

perimeter, once movement is detected all the lights turn on,

not many burglars want to hang around when the property is

lighted.

One more I have - separate your indoor motion sensors into 2 sectors -

upstairs and downstairs - when you go up to sleep activate the

ground floor sector, make sure there is a very loud piercing alarm

piezzo speaker connected (with separate battery backup). Once this

goes off, all the soi dogs will start howling, the house will have 100 dB

piercing noise, the burglar probably will not want to stay.

Then fire a few warning shots about his head, he will crap his pants

and run.

Edited by mxr

• 5 weeks later...
Get your thai spouse to obtain a gun license, and buy a gun.

There is no better deterrent than a few shots fired into the

air! But practice first.

On a more gentler note, IR sensor lights on the house or fence

perimeter, once movement is detected all the lights turn on,

not many burglars want to hang around when the property is

lighted.

One more I have - separate your indoor motion sensors into 2 sectors -

upstairs and downstairs - when you go up to sleep activate the

ground floor sector, make sure there is a very loud piercing alarm

piezzo speaker connected (with separate battery backup). Once this

goes off, all the soi dogs will start howling, the house will have 100 dB

piercing noise, the burglar probably will not want to stay.

Then fire a few warning shots about his head, he will crap his pants

and run.

Spouses and guns do not make a good mix... Just like Spouses and high floor condos...