Parking dispute: Neighbor shot dead after he goes for older man with an axe

webfact

E08BF44C-0127-49A5-9DAA-3590974FB06D-1024x768.jpg

77kaoded Thai Caption: Shot and killed

Pak Kret police and rescue services in Nonthaburi responded after a man was shot dead following a dispute over parking and access.

Police went to the Lan Thong housing estate at 9.45 pm in Tiwanon Road Soi 13.

In a two story townhouse opened downstairs as a curry shop and a la carte restaurant was the lifeless body of Weera Prasitthong, 54.

He had been shot with a .38 weapon; one casing was found.

The victim was still clutching an axe. His pick-up was blocking the soi and had a bullet mark on the right.

FA424BB2-B03C-4BA6-B8D8-C5109C821836-1024x576.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

The shooter responsible was a 65 year old neighbor called Wisit who was waiting at the scene to surrender to police.

His daughter Khwanruthai, 29, said that earlier in the evening her father had been unloading his vehicle and was blocking the road when Weera returned home.

B99D6A1F-60D5-4239-A780-6C315B0DBF42-1024x768.jpg

An argument ensued despite her father saying he would move his vehicle when he had finished unloading.

Later Weera returned and this time he was holding an axe and went for her father.

E00B7E09-8E9E-4120-A620-D9F8F0332D10-1024x768.jpg

Wisit ran into the house in fear and grabbed a gun and emerged outside and shot three times.

One bullet hit the pick-up and two hit the neighbor - in the chest and in the ribs.

C08E6211-492B-4139-8CF6-89987C9C776F-1024x768.jpg

Wisit was taken away for questioning to the Pak Kret police station, reported 77kaoded.

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2023-02-07

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, catch104 said:

You also have to look at the bigger picture, which is that 80% of the buildings don't respect the rules and the authorities let it happen, as long as they get their share of the cake. Very often you can see buildings built directly on the roadside, despite the 2-metre rules..., and stands encroaching directly on the rad
The result is that the roads cannot adapt. Such situations happen everywhere, every day

And they have a poodle, who yaps at the soidogs ALL NIGHT LONG/

• Like 2

It's all in the whistle.

Home-skillet blew 17 times..

Dead guy apparently did not hear the 18th toot.

==========

I was meeting a friend for dinner once off Ramgsit Road. I got there a bit early. they had about an acre of open parking space.

My Nissan king cab truck was the ONLY vehicle in the lot. Nothing else except for the giant potted plant, that he kept blasting on his whistle for me to get closer to.

I "accidentally" popped the clutch and smashed it. 

"Lo so coon na kap"

The look on his face was priceless.

27 minutes ago, ChrisKC said:

"You can't park there"

"Why not"?

Bang! bang! bang!

I inadertently parked my truck in a taxi zone onve in Pattaya.

New parking area/new Mall. Sorry Bro, the paint on your Taxi space marking it out is barely dry.

Had about 6 of them ready to drag me to the nearest tree.

100 percent innocent mistake. They wanted to roll in the dirt over it!

I dearly love Thailand. I thought driving on the wrong side of the road was (and it is) a special skill.

I will never attempt to drive in Thailand again. Taxi;s only. Thank God I smoke Marlboros & don''t vape.

I'm too old and too fat. I hit 179 lbs recently.

Edited by jaywalker
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

An argument ensued despite her father saying he would move his vehicle when he had finished unloading.

If you ask me, i.e. if I read the story correctly, the guy shot his neighbour, because his neighbour asked him to move his vehicle which was blocking the road, an argument ensued, e.g. because the guy blocking the road, said he would move his car when he was finished unloading, which is selfish.

As mentioned above, if I am reading this correctly, the guy with the axe, the neighbour wanting to get through should have had a gun and shot the guy blocking the road, to which I would have no sympathy for.

Edited by 4MyEgo

When it comes to matters relating to motor vehicles it seems to bring out something terrible from the usually polite, respectful smiling Thais. From cutting in front of cars, tail-gating, parking anywhere with no consideration to others (thinking putting hazard lights is adequate), hit and runs, to not letting you in when changing lanes.

• Like 1

No one cares about others. Selfishness is the number one. Only me and my interests are important. 
when I go shopping often happens, "mr important" walking trough the isle right in the middle, no desire to keep right or left. I have no choice but stick to the side shelves till he passes by. Amazing ????

• Like 2

6 hours ago, catch104 said:

You also have to look at the bigger picture, which is that 80% of the buildings don't respect the rules and the authorities let it happen, as long as they get their share of the cake. Very often you can see buildings built directly on the roadside, despite the 2-metre rules..., and stands encroaching directly on the rad
The result is that the roads cannot adapt. Such situations happen everywhere, every day

2 metre rule? In which country do they exist?

13 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

Self-defense next

Wrong! If he had had the gun on him when the other guy came after him with the axe then it would've been self-defense, but if you go into your own house to get the gun then it's not self-defense because you managed to evade the danger by getting away. All he had to do was lock the door behind him and call the cops.

If the guy would've broken into his house with the axe it would've been self-defense.

He'll go down for that. Trust me. 

Edited by pacovl46
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, The Theory said:

No one cares about others. Selfishness is the number one. Only me and my interests are important. 
when I go shopping often happens, "mr important" walking trough the isle right in the middle, no desire to keep right or left. I have no choice but stick to the side shelves till he passes by. Amazing ????

good comment.

these types of confrontations could be avoided if people weren't so arrogant.

• Like 1