Is there a back Doctor in the house please?

up2you2

28 minutes ago, up2you2 said:

Ideally Chalong, but really anywhere on the island if they are good.

It's difficult to advise you without knowing more, which arguably Sheryl in the Medical and Health forum can do better than anyone else. If you have known spinal problem such as disk issues or stenosis, that's one thing. But if you have muscle problems resulting from poor posture, the advice I gave earlier seems appropriate. There are also plenty of physio options available which include hot and cold pads and ultrasound, they might be worth a shot initially since many spial doctors will try and send you down the road first anyway. You don't say that you're in pain so I would guess it's not a disk issue hence seeing a spinal doctor may not be ideal. There's also the Chiropractor option which I've used in Phuket successful so you may wish to consider that. The question now is, which of those roads do you want to go down? If you insist on seeing a spinal doctor, orthopedic surgeons are easily found at Bangkok Hospital. 

28 minutes ago, nigelforbes said:

It's difficult to advise you without knowing more, which arguably Sheryl in the Medical and Health forum can do better than anyone else. If you have known spinal problem such as disk issues or stenosis, that's one thing. But if you have muscle problems resulting from poor posture, the advice I gave earlier seems appropriate. There are also plenty of physio options available which include hot and cold pads and ultrasound, they might be worth a shot initially since many spial doctors will try and send you down the road first anyway. You don't say that you're in pain so I would guess it's not a disk issue hence seeing a spinal doctor may not be ideal. There's also the Chiropractor option which I've used in Phuket successful so you may wish to consider that. The question now is, which of those roads do you want to go down? If you insist on seeing a spinal doctor, orthopedic surgeons are easily found at Bangkok Hospital. 

Thank you.

My problem stems from posture, sitting all day at my computer chair.
This has been a huge wake up call, so apart from what I can do in the future to prevent this, what can be done to alleviate the pain that I am in
presently please?
No other issues I can think of, no accidents or case history.
Also be interesting to know what is causing this pain, the muscles, disks or something else.

Sheryl is on this forum, if so how can I reach her please?

Just now, up2you2 said:

Thank you.

This has been a huge wake up call, so apart from what I can do in the future to prevent this, what can be done to alleviate the pain that I am in
presently please?
No other issues I can think of, no accidents or case history.
Also be interesting to know what is causing this pain, the muscles, disks or something else.

Sheryl is on this forum, if so how can I reach her please?

@Sherylwill almost certainly reply to you. In the meantime, the bag of frozen peas was not a joke, it does work.

28 minutes ago, up2you2 said:

presently please?

"what can be done to alleviate the pain that I am in presently please?"

Tylenol or Arcoxia and stop doing what you know is causing your problem so that you don't have to take Tylenol or Arcoxia.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

6 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"what can be done to alleviate the pain that I am in presently please?"

Tylenol or Arcoxia and stop doing what you know is causing your problem so that you don't have to take Tylenol or Arcoxia.

Thank you.

• Thanks 1

It may be worth trying acupuncture. I have lived with lower back pain all my life. 2 years ago I had 5 acupuncture sessions and it has made a massive difference. For the small investment it really is worth a try. May not work for everybody, but it sure did for me.

1 hour ago, nigelforbes said:

@Sherylwill almost certainly reply to you. In the meantime, the bag of frozen peas was not a joke, it does work.

OP has a thread running in the Health Forum and I have replied there.

OP please do not make multiple threads in different forums for the smae thiunk. This one closed, please continue in the Health forum thread.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1