60 day extension wife

I tried to apply for my 60 day extension last Friday in Jomtien as I am on a Non O visa and married my Thai wife in Cardiff in 2004, Jomtien looked at the marriage certificate then sent the wife and I to the Government office in Banglamung to get the kor ror 2, but Banglamung told us the Marriage certificate is out of date and could not issue the kor ror 2 and would need to visit the British Embassy in Bangkok. The British Embassy told me nothing could be done in Thailand as the laws have changed regarding Foreign Marriage certificates and would have to go through a process in the UK to get it revalidated, so for now I have had to book for a Cambodia visa run get 45 days then 30 days at Jomtien, so yes things have changed for me as for 18 years they accepted my UK wedding certificate. I fly back to the UK in April for the Summer and will go through the process the British Embassy has told me to follow.

20 minutes ago, BOB JOSHUA said:

I tried to apply for my 60 day extension last Friday in Jomtien as I am on a Non O visa and married my Thai wife in Cardiff in 2004, Jomtien looked at the marriage certificate then sent the wife and I to the Government office in Banglamung to get the kor ror 2, but Banglamung told us the Marriage certificate is out of date and could not issue the kor ror 2 and would need to visit the British Embassy in Bangkok. The British Embassy told me nothing could be done in Thailand as the laws have changed regarding Foreign Marriage certificates and would have to go through a process in the UK to get it revalidated, so for now I have had to book for a Cambodia visa run get 45 days then 30 days at Jomtien, so yes things have changed for me as for 18 years they accepted my UK wedding certificate. I fly back to the UK in April for the Summer and will go through the process the British Embassy has told me to follow.

Your case is different, you will need a Kor Ror 22.

Your MC needs to be stamped by your Embassy in Bangkok or the Thai Embassy in your home country.

Any 1 choice.

After that it has to be translated & certified by the Thailand MFA in Chaengwattana (Bangkok)

then you need to bring that to the amphur(district office) and they will issue you a Kor ROR 22.

Its nothing but a record of your marriage maintained at the local district office.

As I said previous British Embassy told me they could do nothing and not stamp it and the translations which I had, sorry forgot to mention the Translation documents which I showed them and they gave me paperwork with the procedures to follow once back in the UK and the UK Gov Office &  Thai Embassy London would sort it out and stamp it. What the Government official told me in Banglamung my passport information page would need to go on the translation, he showed me one he had and it would be digitized and then valid for life.

Not sure abt the British embassy but the US Embassy provides a service known as Signature attestation.

You can declare anything as a statement and the US embassy stamps it for a flat fee of USD 50.

My friend did the same thing, and that stamped declaration was accepted by the Thai district Office without any question.

So if the British embassy provides such service, save yourself from this headache.

Some embassies refer to this service as Notarial

I read about the USA embassy service while researching this.

Yes the Thai Official on the Front Desk at the British Embassy told me they could not certify it and would not let me in to the Embassy and would not arrange a future appointment as he said it would have to be sorted out in the UK. So trip to Bangkok no use.

I have accepted it now and will do my Cambodia Visa run 17th February from Soi 6 Pattaya

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes she will need to be present. When we went to CW a while back for a 60 day, they wanted my wife to sign a guarantor document attesting that we were still married along with us being photographed holding up our respective marriage certificates. They did not require an updated KR2 going this route. 

• Thumbs Up 1

So, update.

I went to CW to do a 60 day extension without my wife. I thought khunjake doesn't know what he is talking about. Sure enough I was thrown out and yes, sure enough there was that stupid guarantor document that I am 100% sure did not exist before.

I must say this truly p1553d m off, not because I wasted time (and a bit of money) as 90% of the time I don't know what to do with myself here, so a little walk, taxi, grab or bus to CW (dependin on the mood) doesn't bother me.  It annoyed me because I know in the future things are going to get more and more difficult and I don't want to be dealing with this nonsense when I am 60 and over. 

LOL