Don Muang airport food court?

grain

Gmap: Magic Food Park

"3 months ago

(Translated by Google) Cheap eats at Don Mueag airport. Just search because it is at the very end of the airport on the 2nd floor. Towards the parking garage. Follow the SRT redline route."

"4 months ago

(Translated by Google) The food court for travelers, employees and the general public is located in a 7-storey car park building on the 2nd floor, next to 7-Eleven (connection to the Red SRT Skytrain station). Pork knuckle, noodles, etc., inexpensive, must redeem the coupon before using the service. Inside is an air-conditioned room. Supports enough users to use the service. There are service personnel"

https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Magic+Food+Park/@13.9167144,100.6004042,17z/data=!4m8!3m7!1s0x30e28261b3b99153:0xec29e64205ee0c38!8m2!3d13.9167144!4d100.6004042!9m1!1b1!16s%2Fg%2F11bxfgtr22?authuser=0&hl=en

• Like 1

KhunLA: many thanks for the reply and info. I'll be flying into Don Muang next week and my wife is meeting me at the airport, so I'll tell her to meet me in the food court rather than have her standing around waiting, it'll be noon by time I get there, so I'll be ready for some lunch. 

• 2 months later...
15 minutes ago, andy said:

Had the misfortune of eating at the Don Muang food court in January.  Food quality and taste was absolutely awful. 

I just remember from one of my very rare (involuntary) visits at DMK (x years ago) that food/snack at landside was crowded and expensive. All I finally took was a lukewarm coke from a fridge for 50 Baht.

I could not find a convenience store landside? (is there still something at the parking garage? Last checked before Suvarnabhumi opened).

Funny enough: airside is considerably better. Some fast food and convenience stuff.

My advice: get away as soon as possible. Tell your wife to bring a lunch packet :biggrin:

Edited by KhunBENQ

I don't really understand how a food court can be branded "awful".... You have multiple vendors at multiple stands all cooking different style dishes. What's the chance that all of them are producing "awful" food? It seems unlikely to me.

Of course it's perfectly possible to base your judgement on the amount of choice available, or the prices charged. But food quality..?

15 minutes ago, JayClay said:

But food quality..?

In an airport your stuck with what they give you.  They aren't cooking for repeat customers.  The price is usually triple and portions skimpy.

We travel a lot and we try our best to have a meal before entering the airport, especially after security where you can really get gouged.