Booking a Ticket on SRT Website

Coota

I just tried to use the SRT online booking system to buy a ticket to Bangkok on the overnight sleeper. As expected, things did not go smoothly.

After having a hard time logging in, the system seems to remember me from a few years back even though my passport number has changed, I managed to login after a password reset.

I entered my origin, Surin, then my destination, Bangkok from the drop down menu, tried to enter my day of travel from a drop down calendar but when I clicked on my date, nothing happened. I tried a few different dates and still nothing. I then put my cursor on the date I wanted and found that I had to place it in the very bottom left corner of the day I wanted, not in the middle, not far right but that exact spot and it worked.

So, date and destination done, click on next, nothing happens. Tried a few things and still could not get it to work so I rang the hotline expecting no joy from them. Surprisingly, I spoke to a lady who spoke excellent English and she told me that the destination is wrong for Bangkok, even though it is still in the drop down menu, I had to search for Krung Thep Aphiwat which is the new station. I found it in the drop down menu and completed that page and went to the payment page, clicked on Pay by Card and no response, tried a few times and gave up, clicked on Pay at Station and got a code to quote at the station when I go to pay within a certain time.

The price of a ticket has also gone up substantially, my last trip cost about 600 baht and it is now about 870 baht.