Jacked up Wave.

VocalNeal

Anyone know anything?

I saw one yesterday but couldn't give chase as he was going in the opposite direction. Not sure but it might give my mountain explorer a different look and more ground clearance.

Longer rear shocks?

What about the front ones? They are only half shocks so not much opportunity for raising.

• 2 weeks later...

Honda never officially made jacked up wave here in Thailand (unless you count the CT125)

For current Model there's Suzuki Crossover spacer.png

for past models, in  2008 there's Tiger Smart CX , Tiger Smart was Thai brand's Wave copy, the CX model came from the factory  with braces in the frame from the factory plus other off road looking farklesspacer.png

• Like 1

J looks like a fun bike.

papa learned

the hard way

and now always installs hand-guards when feasible.

Have dropped bikes and prefer to protect the levers, throttle,

handlebar &c. too.

Like 0:48 :

& look coolio.

Hope to see one sometime.

• Like 1

I know a Thai guy in to scrambling bikes his first was Honda Dash, he had a set of front folks off a Honda  CB250, with spacers in the fork tubes, made the forks longer, also the Honda 250 folks where longer than one's from a Dash jacked the front end up a long way.

First thing I said what about fitting the 250 forks on to a Dash ie head stock/ yokes the same, he said it was a straight fit 250 tubes same diameter as the Dash.

So, will the Honda 250 forks fit on to Wave, you would have thought not, but maybe worth getting a tape measure out, or may be the old Honda Wing 110cc, basically same as our old CG 125?.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, papa al said:

and now always installs hand-guards when feasible.

Do you mean the bat eared trail ones or the alloy strip bar end MotoGP type. I don't think I'll need them on farm tracks and don't think I have room for them.

Saw a Wave yesterday with motocross type tires which fit under the mudguards OK, in the service bay at Honda.

Edited by VocalNeal

9 hours ago, papa al said:

Prolly fit J not Wave.

Yeah, I was looking but my handlebars are covered in plastic so cannot fit most. 

I found some slick bar end ones but I'm not spending 20% of the bike's cost on widgets.???? At least not yet. I already have what a friend called a 120,000 sixty thousand bike.

13 hours ago, In the jungle said:

Did you remember to lube your carb Papa?

Maybe that is the way to regain your mojo.

papa doesn't lube his own carb,

rather pays to have that done

professionally.

• Thanks 1