English Breakfast Around Central HH? - Early Opening a Plus

CaptainSplod

Hi Guys!

We'll be visiting (and staying in) the central part of HH in March 2023. I feel a morning or two with English Breakfast coming on,  but our hotel doesn't (any longer) have food.

Can any of you guys recommend a restaurant in the central area that serves a decent English Breakfast?  A place that opens early would be a definite bonus, as we're early birds and like to get out and about as soon as possible.  

We'd be prepared to walk/drive a bit if necessary - no probs.

Thanks for any help - and cheers  ????

Morning bread Soi 94 ,  1 soi (before) Bangkok Hospital going South from central HH. Great for eggs and bacon (and sausage) and   fresh baked bread. Opens 7 am, about 200 Mtrs into soi 94 off Petkasem. A fav spot for the local farangs

Edited by wordchild
  • Love It 1

Or if you are staying North of the town La Baguette, somewhere around soi 43/45 on Petkasem, also a fav with the local expats. Opens around 7-30 , used to be great maybe expanded too much in recent years and the quality is not quite what it was. Just my opinion!

I was in Hua Hin briefly last week. First time since the pandemic. I didn't get to see much but I saw Father Ted's was still there.

They used did a good breakfast last time I was there a few years ago.

I didn't see if ElMurpheys was still around but their breakfast was also good.

Edited by JayClay

More good info - thanks!

Bakeries? They do English Breakfasts? I wasn't aware of that - I supposed that they were more coffee and croissant places. Yeah, I know some pubs do breakfasts, though they may first open mid-morning (at least a few years ago).

Can still remember Crazy Dave's breakfasts in Pattaya many years ago (yes, THAT Dave! ????) - full English breakfast @ 65B (I think it was) - absolutely brilliant. 

Cheers  ????

4 hours ago, CaptainSplod said:

More good info - thanks!

Bakeries? They do English Breakfasts? I wasn't aware of that - I supposed that they were more coffee and croissant places. Yeah, I know some pubs do breakfasts, though they may first open mid-morning (at least a few years ago).

Can still remember Crazy Dave's breakfasts in Pattaya many years ago (yes, THAT Dave! ????) - full English breakfast @ 65B (I think it was) - absolutely brilliant. 

Cheers  ????

I always used to have English breakfast with my pals in Murphy's Irish Bar& grill.

Edited by BritManToo

• 1 month later...

Oops - forget to give feedback ...... but better late than never.

We ended up eating breakfasts at JJ Bike Cafe every morning - brilliant food and dirt cheap, too (69 to 89B). Actually, we only saw the place as the wife wanted to eat at a Thai place, not far from JJ's - but it was never open (thank goodness! ????).  On the other hand JJ's opened at 6am and we were there around 6:30am.  

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions - much appreciated! ????

PHOTO_20230309_073004.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/2/2023 at 4:26 PM, CaptainSplod said:

Oops - forget to give feedback ...... but better late than never.

We ended up eating breakfasts at JJ Bike Cafe every morning - brilliant food and dirt cheap, too (69 to 89B). Actually, we only saw the place as the wife wanted to eat at a Thai place, not far from JJ's - but it was never open (thank goodness! ????).  On the other hand JJ's opened at 6am and we were there around 6:30am.  

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions - much appreciated! ????

PHOTO_20230309_073004.jpg

Are you saying an English breakfast there was only 69-89 baht? And if not, how much was it?

Edited by GroveHillWanderer

YO!

Well, I'm saying that the breakfasts WE bought (see example picture, above - the wife's order) were between 69-89 Baht. That doesn't include coffee, if I remember rightly, but I've already had my coffee fill by that time. Under the round metal lid (in photo) is fruit.  

As I stated, great grub and definitely not expensive. If/when we come to HH again,  we'll definitely be eating our breakfasts there again (presuming the business is still there, naturally)  ????

Enjoy ????

• 2 months later...