‘Like turkeys at a shooting range’: Mauling of Russian forces in Donetsk hotspot may signal problems to come

Scott

image.png

The scenes are chaotic: Russian tanks veering wildly before exploding or driving straight into minefields, men running in every direction, some on fire, the bodies of soldiers caught in tank tracks.

Russian military bloggers are calling it a fiasco, and worse.

These scenes have been recorded by Ukrainian military drones over the past two weeks around the town of Vuhledar in Donetsk, eastern Ukraine, where successive Russian assaults have failed.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/13/europe/russia-ukraine-vuhledar-donetsk-fiasco-intl/index.html

CNN-logo-July-4-2020-e1593906141959-300x

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

How long did Hitler survive during WW2?

Good point.  He survived for far too long unfortunately.  But he only remained alive and in power because he had support, similar to Vlad The Invader.  Any successor to Putin could be worse.  Let's be careful what we wish for and let the Russian People deal with their own Government as they surely will ultimately.  

11 hours ago, Stargeezr said:

War is hell. Russia started this war, I will never forget that or have much sympathy for

their losses. I just cannot believe how Putin is still alive, that is confusing to me.

Putin demonstrates the importance of controlling the media and keeping the majority ignorant. 

I appreciate that it's hard to sympathise with the dead, but many are simply ignorant boys from vodka soaked towns in the back of beyond who believe the propaganda that they have been fed all their lives. They genuinely believe that they are doing the morally right thing. 

• Thumbs Up 1