Importing A M.bike Into Thailand

gwynt

Anyone give some info no how to import a motorbike(Harley). I have heard so many conflicting stories, like 100% import duty, no problem if it's in a crate and classed as spare parts.

I live N.E. Loei and work in middle east, where a new bike costs around 700,000 Tb which is a lot less than a colleague paid in Bangkok, 1.2million.

good information would be appreciated

Anyone give some info no how to import a motorbike(Harley). I have heard so many conflicting stories, like 100% import duty, no problem if it's in a crate and classed as spare parts.

I live N.E. Loei and work in middle east, where a new bike costs around 700,000 Tb which is a lot less than a colleague paid in Bangkok, 1.2million.

The Bangkok Harleys are cheaper! Ex Aust Honary Consul in Chiangmai paid over a 1,000,000 baht to clear his 25 yr anniversary model, the price went up by the day when customs found out what model it was! Forget importing, you will have a million baht worth of headaches.

Yeah, forget about it. It just doesn't pencil out. I have an 04 Aprilia Factory (Italian V-twin) in USA that I would dearly love to bring in.

Sure, I can disassemble, ship, reassemble, still pay some duty (in addition to shipping), get it licenced/plated, etc.

It just does not make financial sense.

See the Golden Triangle Rider Club website www.gt-rider.com for more info....

McG

The Bangkok Harleys are cheaper! Ex Aust Honary Consul in Chiangmai paid over a 1,000,000 baht to clear his 25 yr anniversary model, the price went up by the day when customs found out what model it was! Forget importing, you will have a million baht worth of headaches.

Thanks for the info but being a "glass half full" :o type and considering the number of bikes available which must have been imported I'll keep looking into it.

Cheers

You need to get in contact with the local importers who bring the bikes in from Japan etc.. These guys are known by customs and wont get shafted (as much) when they bring it in, they will charge you a quite a fee of course. I havnt done this myself but there has been reports of this here and on GT Rider i think.

Oh, and if you try and bring it in yourself you can virtually kiss good bye to it!

Jake

You need to get in contact with the local importers who bring the bikes in from Japan etc.. These guys are known by customs and wont get shafted (as much) when they bring it in, they will charge you a quite a fee of course. I havnt done this myself but there has been reports of this here and on GT Rider i think.

Oh, and if you try and bring it in yourself you can virtually kiss good bye to it!

Jake

That suonds a better deal, I am told that when I finish here, the next project for me is in Thailand which will give me a better oportunity to get in touch with these people.

And if all things goes well, and I can settle in Thailand as planned.

A flight back to Singapore, buys a Honda Hornet 900 and equip it with screens and saddle boxes for riding to Thailand and then motorcycle touring thru northern asia.

*still dreaming*