Australian Passport photos.

Apparently not all photo stores are suited for taking passport photos meeting the specific requirements as set out in the photo guidelines issued by the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.

The Australian Embassy in Bangkok do recommend only store Master Photo Sathorn who are located near the Embassy and are familiar with Australian passport photo requirements.

Are there any similar professional passport photo providers or suitable photo stores located in either Pattaya and/or Buriram?

5 minutes ago, carlyai said:

Yes go to the place they recommend.

Easy and you know it's going to be right.

That's what I did.

Just thinking a bit... I wouldn't say it's a scam. The camera they use probably has a higher resolution or pixel content that normal cameras.

You can't tell just by looking at the photo.

With a higher resolution photo, you can include a lot more data in the photo.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

I use my mobile phone camera against a light grey background, then upload it to one of the many free sites on the internet, adjust to the required size and press go. Download the finished pictures file and print it off. 
Never failed yet for multiple passport pictures. 
Australian passport pictures are 

350x450 pixels. 

Edited by Dazkkk

19 hours ago, carlyai said:

Just thinking a bit... I wouldn't say it's a scam. The camera they use probably has a higher resolution or pixel content that normal cameras.

You can't tell just by looking at the photo.

With a higher resolution photo, you can include a lot more data in the photo.

Yes. I was told that the first photos that I submitted were of too low resolution to be scanned.

2 minutes ago, goatfarmer said:

Yes. I was told that the first photos that I submitted were of too low resolution to be scanned.

The higher the resolution the more black and white images or black to white transitions that can be detected. 

So with a digital photo, these are just 1's and 0's  so lots more information can be included in the photo.

I remember years ago encoding a photo with a message, sending the photo to someone and they could decide and read the message.

20 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

It's a scam.

I had pp photos professionally done according to Oz embassy requirements.

Took them along and first thing they said was run off to the place you mentioned and have them redone.

The new ones were exactly the same as what I had.

My advice. Do the photos at the joint they recommend. 

I agree the exact situation happened to me. I had 3 different sets done with 3 different shops. I went to the Embassy and they said only their "recommended" shop was good enough.

So it's a definite raught. 

• Thumbs Up 2

22 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

It's a scam.

I had pp photos professionally done according to Oz embassy requirements.

Took them along and first thing they said was run off to the place you mentioned and have them redone.

The new ones were exactly the same as what I had.

My advice. Do the photos at the joint they recommend. 

Sounds like staff at Aussie embassy getting kick backs off recommended photo shop ????

Edited by Mad mick
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Lifetraxx said:

I agree the exact situation happened to me. I had 3 different sets done with 3 different shops. I went to the Embassy and they said only their "recommended" shop was good enough.

So it's a definite raught. 

The biggest tort is the. 100 bucks for the immigration letter.

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

There is one young lady in the embassy that is very picky...about things that are not even required. Then as you all say she tried to force me to Master Photo.

I had a set done and she said that they are too glossy...; then on my next visit I had the older lady and she said that they were absolutely fine and "Matt" photos are not a requirement. And my passport was received just this week perfectly ok.

1 minute ago, Wombo1 said:

There is one young lady in the embassy that is very picky...about things that are not even required. Then as you all say she tried to force me to Master Photo.

I had a set done and she said that they are too glossy...; then on my next visit I had the older lady and she said that they were absolutely fine and "Matt" photos are not a requirement. And my passport was received just this week perfectly ok.

How long did you have to wait for new passport.

On 2/15/2023 at 11:18 AM, steven100 said:

I had some done recently at a copy shop on Sukhumvit,  and they were fine ... no problem at all.

It sounds like a bit of hit & miss to me ...

I recently had some done, rejected, embassy staff said it looked like background removed or altered. Pics were done using green screen. I went back and had redone using a dirty wall as background. No problem accepting those