Raquel Welch, 'One Million Years B.C.' Actress and Hollywood Sex Symbol, Dead at 82

Scott

Raquel Welch Through the Years

Raquel Welch, a longtime actress, international sex symbol and Golden Globe winner, has died, PEOPLE confirms. She was 82.

Welch "passed away peacefully early this morning after a brief illness," her manager Steve Sauer confirmed to PEOPLE on Wednesday.

Sauer added, "Her career spanned over 50 years starring in over 30 films and 50 television series and appearances.

https://people.com/movies/raquel-welch-dies-at-82/

People Magazine Font FREE Download | Hyperpix

Her publicity played down that she was Latina in her early days.  I think she was at her best doing bit parts that parodied her public image.  The last thing I saw her in was Tortilla Soup -- not a great movie, but she steals the show playing a certain type of aging Latin woman (I've had in-laws like that).

• Like 2

8 hours ago, dingdongrb said:

If you didn't have a poster of Farrah Fawcett on your bedroom wall as a teen growing up then you probably had one of Raquel Welch.

RIP.....

LOL. They were in my future when I was a teen.

I never had any posters of women on my wall as a teenager, but if I had, they'd have been of Audrey Hepburn.

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, riclag said:

Oh wow , one of my fav fantasies from my teenage and young adult years.

F  sake , Im getting old!

RIP Honey

She was my girl when I was in Vietnam in 1967-68. I would have to fight to get a front row seat.

https://www.facebook.com/flashbak/videos/raquel-welch-entertains-the-troops-in-vietnam-1967/448760668965710/

• Like 1