How to get two tourist visas

If i get a 60 day tourist visa in 2023  online and then extend it at immigration for 60 days and then i want to do it all again later in 2023 ?

To do that i think i would need to leave thailand after the first 90 days....does anyone know if i were to go to vietnam for a few days can i get a second 60 day visa online in saigon or would i go to the thai consulate and would they give me a new 60 day touirst visa?  I will be in thailand right at 6 months so am hoping i can just leave for a few days or a week after first six months..probably prefer to go to vietnam but laos or cambodia etc would also be ok if easier.

thanks for any advice

No problem.

In my book Vietnam best option by far.

Also Saigon airport very close to district 1 and Thai consulate.

Be aware that requires appointment and needs forward planning as consulate booked out weeks in advance.

Forget the couple of days idea.

Stay a week up. 

I assume you meant a 30-day extension of your first tourist entry.

If you do not have a lot of stamps in your passport with tourist visas or visa exemptions, there should be no trouble getting a tourist visa in Ho Chi Minh City or Vientiane. Note that, in either case, you need to book an appointment for the day you will apply.

Using the Thai e-visa system to apply for a visa while outside home country might work, but is not officially allowed.

2 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Using the Thai e-visa system to apply for a visa while outside home country might work, but is not officially allowed.

Haha, this is so Thailand. To apply for an ELECTRONIC visa you must be PHYSICALLY LOCATED in a certain country. This is ridiculous.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, BritTim said:

I assume you meant a 30-day extension of your first tourist entry.

If you do not have a lot of stamps in your passport with tourist visas or visa exemptions, there should be no trouble getting a tourist visa in Ho Chi Minh City or Vientiane. Note that, in either case, you need to book an appointment for the day you will apply.

yes meant to say extend 30 days..any idea how to book the required appointments?  i would prefer viet nam which i assume means saigon...

8 hours ago, pomchop said:

yes meant to say extend 30 days..any idea how to book the required appointments?  i would prefer viet nam which i assume means saigon...

To apply for an appointment in Saigon, use https://booking.setmore.com/scheduleappointment/f8af2588-daa5-4e23-9bea-6b35c5e06758. Note that you usually need to apply well in advance.

A few years ago, another good option in Vietnam was the embassy in Hanoi. However, recent reports indicate that it has become the embassy from hell for visa applications.

15 hours ago, pomchop said:

sorry my mistake...meant to say extend the 60 day tourist visa at immigration for 30 days...thanks

Do you know you can get 45 days + 30 day extension with NO visa? You didn't mention your country but many can do that now. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BritTim said:

To apply for an appointment in Saigon, use https://booking.setmore.com/scheduleappointment/f8af2588-daa5-4e23-9bea-6b35c5e06758. Note that you usually need to apply well in advance.

A few years ago, another good option in Vietnam was the embassy in Hanoi. However, recent reports indicate that it has become the embassy from hell for visa applications.

thank you for your help

23 hours ago, JoseThailand said:

Haha, this is so Thailand. To apply for an ELECTRONIC visa you must be PHYSICALLY LOCATED in a certain country. This is ridiculous.

The post you responded to could have been worded a bit better, so your response didn't look rediculous.

You cannot apply for an E-visa to enter Thailand if you are in Thailand

You can apply for an E-visa from any country on the E-visa platform if you have a valid right to be in the country concerned, that wouldn't include short term visitors.

Is it not the case if you apply for a visa to enter any country using the standard paper method you have to be physically located in the country where you make the application.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1