Where to buy small second hand auto gears pick up, anywhere in Thailand?

scorecard

Son's wife inherited 12 Rai of land and neighbor offering then an adjoined 8 rai t bargain price, good soil, water available.

They are starting a comprehenive mixed orchard operation and some exotic fruits, etc., near Tak. They've done some checking andbelieve there is / will be a ready market for their produce.

Son (and wife to a lesser extent) well aware that they need to have strong and forever focus on business costs. They've found some of the equipment they will need using solar power at very reasonable prices.

Ultimately they will small pick up truck. Used is fine. Neither son nor wife have ever driven a manual gear vehicle, so they are hoping to find small used pick up with auto gears.

Any suggestions/advice very welcome, thanks. 

If you can find one in good condition, a Nissan Sunny pickup is very durable. I've seen them in working order with 400,000 km on the odometer.

Bahtsold or One2Car are the best options online, or try a Nissan dealership that has a used vehicle section.

Don't buy any Nissan that has a CVT gearbox.

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

If you can find one in good condition, a Nissan Sunny pickup is very durable. I've seen them in working order with 400,000 km on the odometer.

Bahtsold or One2Car are the best options online, or try a Nissan dealership that has a used vehicle section.

it's a nissan NV, the later models come with auto transmission, but will be about 20 years old, newer auto trucks tend to be the 4 door model, but there are some 2 door with open cab. smart cab etc with auto transmission, have a look on facebook market place, 

Edited by steve187
  • Like 2

As they have so many ria they could learn how to drive a manual on their land. As to an old NV small 1/2 ton payload, V pickup 1ton>3ton with those huge springs. p.s. with my old NV reverse has now stopped working after 23yrs :crying:. quoted 20k+ for repair.

58 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Why not? I have an 8yr old Nissan Juke, a dream to drive, I make sure the CVT. oil is changed every 35k

The Nissan CVT has the worst reputation for reliability out of all the CVT's on the market. IIRC, the recommended oil change on CVT's is 70,000 km, Changing at 35,000 km is probably a wise move.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

The Nissan CVT has the worst reputation for reliability out of all the CVT's on the market. IIRC, the recommended oil change on CVT's is 70,000 km, Changing at 35,000 km is probably a wise move.

Actually I meant every 30K the 'recommended' time for a Juke. (every third engine oil change) 

• Like 1

Small Automatic Pick-ups

Daihatsu Mira  comes with 660 cc or 850 cc both come as single cab or extended cab  from around 70,000 baht.

Daihatsu Hijet 660  Cargo Auto pick-up Newer around 200,000 Baht +

Mazda Familia 1.4 S STR Auto pick-up from around 70,000 baht

Mazda B2500 Auto pick-up Smart Cab  bigger engine  around same price

Nissan NV  1.6 Auto pick up Queen-cab or Wing-road.

3 minutes ago, ignis said:

Small Automatic Pick-ups

Daihatsu Mira  comes with 660 cc or 850 cc both come as single cab or extended cab  from around 70,000 baht.

Daihatsu Hijet 660  Cargo Auto pick-up Newer around 200,000 Baht +

Mazda Familia 1.4 S STR Auto pick-up from around 70,000 baht

Mazda B2500 Auto pick-up Smart Cab  bigger engine  around same price

Nissan NV  1.6 Auto pick up Queen-cab or Wing-road.

Thanks, good info.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

I wouldn't muck about with those old Nissan trucks unless they really must have a very small truck.  Lots of old Isuzus around, spares are cheap and they seem to run forever - even when they are abused.

Any Izuzu auto gear models?

On 2/17/2023 at 5:53 AM, Lacessit said:

Even Honda had problems with CVT transmissions.  

https://youtu.be/xMmUvfnZIJY

My 2012 Toyota Prius C CVT was fine however, but I sold it a couple years ago when it had 161K on it and bought a used Honda CR-V without a CVT transmission, just to make sure. ????