Bangkok Bank Inactive Account Closure

Hi, anyone know how long is it until you lose an account with Bangkok Bank if its inactive ?

6 months of no activity or is it longer.....1 year etc  ?

Lost one of 2 account last year after getting back to LoS after 2 years, but did not ask at which point it became locked and closed.

Thanks.

My Krungsri account was about 10 months when it was deactivated, any transaction in that time just paying in a couple of hundred baht would have kept it live and saved an awful lot of faffing about at a branch 22 copies of everything and payment to get a new card and activate the account.

Lesson learned, today just transferred token amount from my main account to keep it active, could you do similar online transfer from the Uk or have a friend in Thailand who can pay any amount in to the account which will keep it active.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

If your account will be unused for awhile, it may be a good idea to cancel the debit card so it doesn't charge you the yearly fee. Then the balance won't deplete and as long as you have at least a few thousand baht in it then it should be okay.

• Thumbs Up 1

I had 2 BB savings accounts at 2 different branches but both shown in my app. 

I went to my current branch a few weeks ago and asked them if they could close the account on the other branch. 

They told me they can't do it but I should empty the account completely and then it will be closed automatically after 12 months. I asked about potential liability for charges and they said there won't be any.