Hundreds of Never Used Apps.

NoshowJones

I have an Xiaomi phone which is full of bloatware, hundreds of never used Apps I cannot get rid of, I took the phone to Tukcom in Pattaya. I went up the flight of stairs and saw a sign in large letters Xiaomi and below that something like "Servicing".

I went to the counter and was approached by an obviously poorly educated girl, I smiled at her, showed her my phone and pointed to the sign, she just looked at me and shrugged her shoulders, I again pointed to the sign and then my phone and said I need someone to help me. She pointed in the direction of a few other counters, I approached one who sent me to another one, then I was told I need to go to Xiaomi shop next to Foodland up from Big C at Pattaya Klang. I went there and could find nothing.

What was that girl doing serving at an Xiaomi service counter who obviously knew nothing, did the owner leave her there by herself or what? If Tukcom was some place like Fortune town in Bangkok, would I have come across service like that? I don't think so.

Anyway, anyone know how I can get rid of hundreds of unused Apps? Thanks.

• Sad 1

Xiaomi needs them for spying ????????. Perhaps some you can uninstall and some deactivate. Removing some might require rooting the device. But some banking apps might / will not like this. A complicated way to do it without rooting is described here 

https://www.xda-developers.com/uninstall-carrier-oem-bloatware-without-root-access/

Edited by Mickeymaus

I recently bought my missus the Xiaomi redmi note 11 pro 5g from Banana IT in a local mall.

A young sales assistant asked the missus if she needed any help uninstalling unwanted apps and transferring data from her old iPhone 6. She then asked me (in extremely good English) if it was ok for her to go ahead and sort it all out. 

25 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

I have an Xiaomi phone which is full of bloatware, hundreds of never used Apps I cannot get rid of

There's not too many apps pre-installed, some can only be de-activated while many can be uninstalled. It took the young girl about 15 mins to complete and the missus was well happy! I could've done it with the language changed but it was easier for the girl to do it then I wouldn't get the blame if something went amiss!  A very competent young lady, well impressed. 

Oh, the phone is superb for the price. In fact, I'm seriously looking at it to replace my Huawei Y9 that's getting a little old now. 

4 minutes ago, Madgee said:

I recently bought my missus the Xiaomi redmi note 11 pro 5g from Banana IT in a local mall.

A young sales assistant asked the missus if she needed any help uninstalling unwanted apps and transferring data from her old iPhone 6. She then asked me (in extremely good English) if it was ok for her to go ahead and sort it all out. 

There's not too many apps pre-installed, some can only be de-activated while many can be uninstalled. It took the young girl about 15 mins to complete and the missus was well happy! I could've done it with the language changed but it was easier for the girl to do it then I wouldn't get the blame if something went amiss!  A very competent young lady, well impressed. 

Oh, the phone is superb for the price. In fact, I'm seriously looking at it to replace my Huawei Y9 that's getting a little old now. 

I wish I was as lucky as you. My Xiaomi is a complete disaster.

25 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

just move them out the way and forget about them

I bought the gf an oppo something phone. 

It has these Apps pre installed, I've tried to remove but not easy, so I've placed them in a separate folder. I Force Stop, disallow everything and empty storage but they pop up regularly, very annoying.

Her virus software says the music app is malicious software.

I'd like to find a tech that can get into the root and remove these nasty apps.

IMG_20230219_150250.jpg

Edited by Cricky

17 minutes ago, Cricky said:

I bought the gf an oppo something phone. 

It has these Apps pre installed, I've tried to remove but not easy, so I've placed them in a separate folder. I Force Stop, disallow everything and empty storage but they pop up regularly, very annoying.

Her virus software says the music app is malicious software.

I'd like to find a tech that can get into the root and remove these nasty apps.

IMG_20230219_150250.jpg

maybe try the Mi community app and ask.

I have a Redmi Note 9 phone and don't have these app problems, they don't pop up

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Thumbs Up 1

"I have an Xiaomi phone which is full of bloatware, hundreds of never used Apps"...

hundreds of apps... are you that sure ?

Anyway, yes you can remove them (not hiding them !) by using some software & apps:

Developer Mode activated on the device + Android Debug Bridge (Windows) + Package Manager (for Android) + Universal Android Debloater (Windows)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Fab5BKK said:

Anyway, yes you can remove them (not hiding them !) by using some software & apps:

Developer Mode activated on the device + Android Debug Bridge (Windows) + Package Manager (for Android) + Universal Android Debloater (Windows)

Yes, this is exactly what Google says but it's not an easy task for you and I.

Edited by Cricky

19 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

pointed to the sign, she shrugged her shoulders, I again pointed to the sign. She pointed in the direction of a few other counters

Lots of pointing going on, at first glance I thought it was a crime scene.

2 minutes ago, Cricky said:

Lots of pointing going on, at first glance I thought it was a crime scene.

Girl could not understand English, and yes, it was a crime scene, though maybe not in Thailand. The shop was advertising a service for Xiaomi phones and obviously did not have that. It is called wrongful advertising.

Is there any other similar place in Pattaya apart from the useless Tukcom?