TM30 and new passport

after 18 years we done our first tm30 last year ,i am going over next month on 45 days and i am going to get an extension ;;

question with a new passport do we (gf) have to file another ,i keep the recipt of notifcation from old passport, dose anyone know if have to report again to get the extension

thanka everyone

You are returning visa exempt.

You will need to do a new TM30 if you intend to have dealings with immigration.

For example to obtain 30 day extension.

Be aware that you would apply for extension at Laksi immigration office.

Edited by DrJack54

13 minutes ago, yeahbutif said:

On another note a friend of mine having trouble with 90 report on line with a new passport. What passport number do you put in if you entered Thailand on the old passport? With the tm6 

One option would be to wait till 90 report window is available and attend immigration to do stamp and visa info transferred into new pp and do 90 report while there. 

Edited by DrJack54

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

One option would be to wait till 90 report window is available and attend immigration to do stamp and visa info transferred into new pp and do 90 report while there. 

He has been doing 90 report at immigration . with new passport only..but still can't do it on line..keeps saying passport number or tm6 numbers wrong 

16 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

You are returning visa exempt.

You will need to do a new TM30 if you intend to have dealings with immigration.

For example to obtain 30 day extension.

Be aware that you would apply for extension at Laksi immigration office.

thanks DR that's what i thought i was going to roi et imm

19 hours ago, yeahbutif said:

On another note a friend of mine having trouble with 90 report on line with a new passport. What passport number do you put in if you entered Thailand on the old passport? With the tm6 

New Passport need to go down report in person thereafter it will start working online again at least this was my case.

Edited by thailand49

1 hour ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Not his job to submit a TM30.

The OP is intending to obtain an extension.

In order to apply he will require a TM30.

It's his job to make sure one is done and has a screenshot to present to immigration.

Nonsense to state "not his job" 

47 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

In order to apply he will require a TM30.

It's his job to make sure one is done and has a screenshot to present to immigration.

Nonsense to state "not his job" 

Then please tell us why it was my wife who was fined, after 14 years, for failing to submit a TM30.

Basically, with the TM30 form and notification, the government aims to know exactly where each foreigner is staying all the time. Every host, whether, Thai or foreigner, has the obligation to report the stay of a foreigner within 24 hours.

https://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand-visa/about-tm30-thailand

1 minute ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Then please tell us why it was my wife who was fined, after 14 years, for failing to submit a TM30

Exactly. 

Someone will be fined. 

In your case wife. 

In OP case gf. Doubt it. 

He could be fined on the spot when attending immigration.

Many have been fined for not having a TM30 when attending immigration for example to obtain an extension.

Stick to the OP.

His intention is to enter visa exempt and obtain an extension.

It is HIS JOB to ensure that one is done. 

If not and he attends immigration for an extension then he may be sent away to obtain TM30 or possibly even fined.

The popular amount being 800baht. 

Hopefully the OP will ensure TM30 is filed and can show immigration proof of that via eg screenshot. 

14 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

It is HIS JOB to ensure that one is done. 

If not and he attends immigration for an extension then he may be sent away to obtain TM30 or possibly even fined.

The popular amount being 800baht. 

Hopefully the OP will ensure TM30 is filed and can show immigration proof of that via eg screenshot. 

What a complete load of tosh.

13 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

Nope, it his job to submit his extension application complete with all the required documents (1 of which is TM30 receipt which is fineable if missing)

Could not have said it any better.

The chit chat about the responsibility to ensure TM30 is made falling upon owner or renter becomes a nonsense when the reality of obtaining an extension comes into play. 

The OP has been advised to ensure a TM30 is filed prior to applying for extension. 

"Not my job Mr immigration officer" won't cut it. 

And again.    

https://dukelanguage.com/2019/06/what-is-the-tm30/#:~:text=It is the responsibility of,“Possessor Of The Residence”.

Who is responsible for TM 30?

It is the responsibility of the property owner. If however, your property owner has not filed the TM. 30, it becomes your responsibility as the “Possessor Of The Residence”.

The law states that all properties  not just Chiang Mai Properties that have non-Thai nationals living on their premises must register them with the immigration department.

Edited by IvorBiggun2

5 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

It is the responsibility of the property owner. If however, your property owner has not filed the TM. 30, it becomes your responsibility as the “Possessor Of The Residence”.

What the heck don't you understand.

This quote is from your own post.

Did you miss this bit....

"If however........it becomes YOUR responsibility......"

As already outlined by @foreverlomsak

Edited by DrJack54

8 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

No it does not. It remains the responsibility of the property owner.

Best advice I can offer in this thread for anyone planning to obtain an extension from a visa exempt entry (AKA the OP) is to completely ignore each of your posts.

Ignore time. 

Edited by DrJack54

1 minute ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Tell me Dr Jack. When you stay in an hotel do you do a TM30 at immigration or do you leave it up to the hotel to do?

First up not even close to what the OP is asking about.

The OP plans to enter visa exempt and obtain an extension.

If I was in that situation and was checking into a hotel with future plans to have dealings with immigration then my FIRST question would be .....

"Can you provide me with record of TM30 by way of screenshot etc?"

If the reply was NO then I would not stay there. 

Many folk staying at places not a simple condo check in but for example wife's home, friend, gf, owner of condo, etc can do the TM30 as possessor, renter, owner etc.

You are missing the fundamental point. 

Read the MANY threads along the lines .."the owner refuses to file TM30" 

The "owner lives overseas and hasn't done a TM30" etc.

Few years back when there was change of head of immigration and new guy did a crackdown on TM30.

Who paid the fine. In most cases it was the person dealing with the io.

Even CW were fining folk 800baht if presented for extension without a TM30. 

All of which is off topic.

The OP asked if he needed to file a TM30 next time he visits Thailand.

If he had a reentry permit and was returning to his place of residence then the answer would be NO. 

The rules were changed June 2020.

Fact is he is returning to thailand visa exempt and even though he is returning to his place of residence in Thailand he or the gf or the owner needs to file a TM30.

Simple as that.

1 hour ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Every host, whether, Thai or foreigner, has the obligation to report the stay of a foreigner within 24 hours.

This is implying that every Alien, even someone who enters as visa exempt tourist for a weekend stay on his friend's sofa, has to be registered via a TM30 on every occasion/visit , regardless of whether there is any intention to interact with Thai Immigration at any level.

57 minutes ago, bangon04 said:

This is implying that every Alien, even someone who enters as visa exempt tourist for a weekend stay on his friend's sofa, has to be registered via a TM30 on every occasion/visit , regardless of whether there is any intention to interact with Thai Immigration at any level.

That is correct 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, federicoP said:

Ah,ah, try to explain this to the Immigration Officers, when they discover that you do not have the TM30 in order and are fining you ????

Ah,ah. I didn't have to. I did my 90 day report in person over 3 years ago. My wife sat next to me and they were more interested in why she hadn't submitted a TM30 in the 15 years I've lived in Thailand until that specific time. Neither of us knew the rules of the TM30 notification at that time. They fined her 400 Baht. No receipt. They then gave me the TM30 notification and posted it in my passport.  smiley laughing

Edited by Rimmer
Personal information removed