Chiang Mai Immigration- 90-Day Rejected Due To "Already Informed"

I did post in the local CM Forum but did not receive any knowing responses. So,

I've been successful in using the CMI online 90-day report tool for many times.  Next 90-day being due 26 Feb, I submitted my report online 15 Feb...absolutely all data being exactly the same as prior reporting...in response, auto-generated email acknowledging "We have received your information successfully..."

Then, on 19 Feb, I received an auto-generated email from CMI "Your application for STAYING LONGER THAN 90 DAYS has been rejected"; and in the next line below in bold the words "Already Informed".

Anybody knows what "Already Informed" means?  And No, I only submitted my latest report online once.

Edited by metisdead
ALL CAPS removed from topic title.

47 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Sounds like your online report was accepted.  But, maybe contact immigration and ask.

Yes- After inputting online my details on 15 Feb, the auto-generated CMI email response read "We have received your information successfully..."  That, in turn, place my submission in the "Pending" que as I awaited approval and another email with the new future report date.

But what I received 4 days later was the auto-generated CMI email response which read; "Your application for STAYING LONGER THAN 90 DAYS has been rejected"; and in the next line below in bold the words "Already Informed". And online "Pending" status now read "Rejected".

Yes, I know I will have to go to CMI to straighten this out.  Thanks...

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

55 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Had a similar thing happen to me a few weeks back on around the same date as the OP. I received a notification 'Pending' and it stayed like that for 2 weeks. In the end I had to go in person to be told 'computer problem'.

"Pending" status not going forward has been a reported issue by many others.  What is dissimilar here is someone processed my application and chose to reject it with the given cause I've never seen reported before.  My submittal is EXACTLY in all respects the same as I have done a multitude of times and I looked at all 4 of last years 90-days submittals I inputted online and all 4 work quickly "approved" with a new reporting date.

My wife called CMI yesterday and when routed to someone on the 90-day desk, the person could not explain why my report was rejected nor explain the meaning of "Already Informed".  Neither was that person interested in even looking up my record nor offered any assistance.

Will go to CMI Central Festival next week.....

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Sounds like your online report was accepted.  But, maybe contact immigration and ask.

Perhaps the computerized system hasn't been set up to cope with your situation and you therefore got a default (but wrong) response.

7 hours ago, AlfonsV said:

Even the online report generally works it's never 100% reliable. It's easy to get the stamp at the drive-in counter outside of the immi, in short time, also a pedestrian.

Slightly off topic but at the drive through 90 day in Chiang Mai can a 90 day report be done even if you live in another province?

6 minutes ago, keithkarmann said:

Slightly off topic but at the drive through 90 day in Chiang Mai can a 90 day report be done even if you live in another province?

No.

Not unless you filed a TM30 (change of address) which would also mean doing same when you returned to you usual place of residence.

Possible: yes 

Clever:  absolutely not. 

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

No.

Not unless you filed a TM30 (change of address) which would also mean doing same when you returned to you usual place of residence.

Possible: yes 

Clever:  absolutely not. 

But you can do online from anywhere in Thailand with no proof of where you are living. But thanks for the advice.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, keithkarmann said:

But you can do online from anywhere in Thailand with no proof of where you are living. But thanks for the advice.

Yes of course and same applies to reporting via mail option. 

You specifically asked about drive through CM. 

ie report in person. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Sad 1

On 2/22/2023 at 7:39 AM, jeffandgop said:

"Pending" status not going forward has been a reported issue by many others.  What is dissimilar here is someone processed my application and chose to reject it with the given cause I've never seen reported before.  My submittal is EXACTLY in all respects the same as I have done a multitude of times and I looked at all 4 of last years 90-days submittals I inputted online and all 4 work quickly "approved" with a new reporting date.

My wife called CMI yesterday and when routed to someone on the 90-day desk, the person could not explain why my report was rejected nor explain the meaning of "Already Informed".  Neither was that person interested in even looking up my record nor offered any assistance.

Will go to CMI Central Festival next week.....

I chose to re-submit online on 22Feb.....as was the initial online submittal being accepted as complete and correct, after 1 week in the "Pending" status I received email notice of approval yesterday......

• Thumbs Up 1