Getting Married

Hello,

I'm an Israeli 24 year old and I'm about to get married in the next month.

I will enter thailand with a tourist visa and I would like to know what kind of visa (and for how long) i can get as a resoult of the marriage.

Thank you.

Hello,

I'm an Israeli 24 year old and I'm about to get married in the next month.

I will enter thailand with a tourist visa and I would like to know what kind of visa (and for how long) i can get as a resoult of the marriage.

Thank you.

:o to TV

On the assumption that you're marrying a Thai lady you'll be able to obtain a single, or multiple entry, non immigrant 'O' visa. Each entry is valid for 90 days.

The multiple entry visa is valid for twelve months, which will allow you stay for up to 15 months by doing visa runs to the border every 90 days.

It's also possible to extend your entry stamp annually at any Thai immigration office. To do this you will need to show an income of 40,000 Baht/month

Hope this helps...I'm sure others will contribute further.

geoffphuket

Edited by geoffphuket

Eladblum, it is so nice to marry the lady of your heart. My congratulations and best wishes.

As far as the visa, that depends on the Consulate and the Embassy. The difference will be from no visa to a 12 month Multi Entry visa. My advice is visit the consulate or embassy and ask what thay are happy to issue. I know as a fact Sydney consulate wanted to see my Marraige certificate before I could get a 12 month Multi-O but all some other embassies or consulates wanted was a letter from Mrs Khutan with her ID card saying we were planning to be maried.

After marriage it is possible to obtain a one time 60 day extension of stay from Immigration under section 7.23 of National Police Office Order 606/2006 or, if you meet the 40k family income requirements your visa can be converted to non immigrant and extended for a one year stay.

For visas issued overseas the marriage certificate and copy of wife ID card (and sometimes a current letter from wife inviting you) should obtain a single entry non immigrant O visa for a 90 days stay. For a multi entry valid for one year there will probably be financial requirements at Consulates in the area, if they will issue at all. Singapore would require 400k baht proof in an account under your name somewhere.