Nha Trang mulls dog squads after foreign tourist bitten

snoop1130

dog-3355-1676967980.jpg

The Alabai dog that attacked a British tourist in Nha Trang Town on February 19, 2023. Photo by VnExpress/Chinh Toan

The authorities in the central beach town Nha Trang are planning to catch unleashed dogs on the streets to protect locals and visitors.

The move came after a foreign tourist was hospitalized after he was bitten by a dog while walking on a street.

Before 2020, the resort town, one of the top tourist attractions in Vietnam, had already set up a dog squad with members including veterinarians, police, volunteers and the urban management force.

Full Story: https://e.vnexpress.net/news/news/nha-trang-mulls-dog-squads-after-foreign-tourist-bitten-4573244.html

vne_international.jpg
-- © Copyright VN Express 2023-02-22
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

These steps against the deadly soi dogs could and should be carried out nationwide as the threat is all over.

We all love dogs no arguing. But is that a reason to get bitten by a rabies infested animal ?

I don't love the nasty things, lots of people feel the same way. Thailand needs search and destroy teams, counted 5 dogs just around the local 7/11 door the other day. 

4 minutes ago, proton said:

I don't love the nasty things, lots of people feel the same way. Thailand needs search and destroy teams, counted 5 dogs just around the local 7/11 door the other day. 

I would also not forget the deadly snakes that can crawl under the bed linen !!