Sen. Rick Scott doubles down on plan to ‘fix’ Social Security, Medicare and 'live within our means'

Scott

File:Official Portrait of Senator Rick Scott (R-FL).jpg

As the U.S. economy heads towards economic disaster, Sen. Rick Scott, R-Fla., doubled down on his plan to "fix" Social Security and Medicare after attacks from President Biden and Democrats. 

"I have no interest in cutting the benefits of Social Security or Medicare, and we can fix this without doing that. We can live within our means," Scott told host Maria Bartiromo on "Mornings with Maria" Tuesday. "But they don't want to.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/sen-rick-scott-doubles-down-plan-fix-social-security-medicare-live-within-our-means

Fox News Media: Jobs | LinkedIn

Sure fix it by raising the income cap for ss taxes.

Sorted.

I don't like the idea of raising ages. Americans aren't living longer. More like the opposite. The minorities that tend to die earlier before any claim are basically being financially raped.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Credo said:

Gee, and here I thought this was about Rick Scott and Social Security, but you respond with Biden and Ukraine.  It's confusing.  Do you have any thoughts on social security/medicare, or are you just showing us your love for Russia and your hate for Ukraine?

The good Senator has a radical idea for sure- spend less money.  Joe Biden for the third year in a row missed the deadline to submit a budget to Congress.  

The "love for Russia" nonsense is the typical smear that gets pushed when anyone has less than slavish devotion to the Cult Of Vlody.  I hope Ukraine wins but I also would like to see an accurate accounting of where the money is going. Ukraine doesn't exactly have a sterling silver record on government accountability...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

The good Senator has a radical idea for sure- spend less money.  Joe Biden for the third year in a row missed the deadline to submit a budget to Congress.  

The "love for Russia" nonsense is the typical smear that gets pushed when anyone has less than slavish devotion to the Cult Of Vlody.  I hope Ukraine wins but I also would like to see an accurate accounting of where the money is going. Ukraine doesn't exactly have a sterling silver record on government accountability...

In my humble opinion Rick Scott was deeply involved in the greatest rip off fraud of Medicare in history im personally amazed he isent serving decades in the federal penitentiary .sometimes it seems to me some folks never miss a try at casting doubt trying to divide or put down American ideals.as far as the senator is concerned granting him his plan would be the same thing as turning a starving wolf into the hen house actually in mr Scott’s case an infant’s nursery would be more appropriate 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ozimoron said:

He doesn't mention pensions. Can you at least try to keep your ducks in a row and not waste other people's time with patently false claims with no supporting evidence?

" It’s going to allow pensions and social support to be paid to the Ukrainian people so they have something — something in their pocket. "

So sayeth Joe.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Here's a way to spend less money; lock up the people responsible for Medicare fraud.  Start with Rick Scott.

""While Rick Scott was CEO of Columbia/HCA Hospital, he oversaw the biggest Medicare fraud in US history and was fined $1.7 billion, which was the largest healthcare fraud fine ever levied by the DOJ," tweeted political commentator Brian Tyler Cohen in response to Scott's post. "Maybe don't listen to this guy when it comes to protecting earned benefits.""  https://www.newsweek.com/rick-scotts-connection-massive-medicare-fraud-scandal-resurfaces-1780279

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Republicans publicly split on 'politically stupid' plan to cut Social Security and Medicare

The former president’s attacks on potential GOP primary opponents, and his warning to party leaders to stay away from the popular entitlement programs in their push to cut spending, are cleaving Republicans at every level. Lawmakers who once backed entitlement overhauls are now openly at odds with colleagues who’d prefer to soften their positions before they face voters in 2024.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/03/01/trump-gop-medicare-social-security-00084845