overnight parking at or near Phuket airport

Tom Vanderlay

43 minutes ago, stevenl said:

There's parking at the airport, afaik safe.

Hi, thanks for your reply.  Does "afaik" safe mean fairly safe?  Motorbike is almost new actually.   Also, is there a charge for parking (to your knowledge)?  Cheers

Edited by Tom Vanderlay

When I flew to Buriram a few years ago for a long weekend I left the bike in the designated area in front of the domestic terminal - it's a bit rough and ready as it's open to the elements and not really hard surfaced, but there's no charge and I had no concerns about security, particularly as it is staffed - one of the benefits of TIT is that folk don't nick stuff the moment your back is turned, unlike in my home country!

The alternative would be one of the (mainly car) storage places on the main road outside the airport, but you'll have to pay (peanuts). Google maps will show them, e.g. KK. CAR PARK (not used them, so not a recommendation)

Edited by London Lowf
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, Tom Vanderlay said:

Hi, thanks for your reply.  Does "afaik" safe mean fairly safe?  Motorbike is almost new actually.   Also, is there a charge for parking (to your knowledge)?  Cheers

It's free.

Afaik safe means exactly that, afaik it is safe to park there.

• Thumbs Up 1

a bit over a year ago i parked my car several times here, always between one and two weeks. 

https://goo.gl/maps/ie4AVPcrGZzwxoFs7

rate was 100 THB a day, not sure how much now, maybe price went up.

Parking places are coverd. Owner drive you to the airport, it is a short 5 minutes drive, and  pick you up also, you just have to call him after you arrived. Nothing to complain about.  

11 hours ago, hadock said:

a bit over a year ago i parked my car several times here, always between one and two weeks. 

https://goo.gl/maps/ie4AVPcrGZzwxoFs7

rate was 100 THB a day, not sure how much now, maybe price went up.

Parking places are coverd. Owner drive you to the airport, it is a short 5 minutes drive, and  pick you up also, you just have to call him after you arrived. Nothing to complain about.  

For the car, yes the 100b per day is still the same. I park my car there very often, at the international terminal as it is covered and secured.

For the motorbike, i did it once. Free parking at the domestic terminal. There is a security guard. However, i am not sure how safe it is. I am also considering to leave my motorbile there sometime as I travelling a lot but it's brand new bike so I am worry that it will be gone when i return