Bangkok Ranks 30th Best City Globally and 2nd Best in ASEAN, Says Famous Tourism Consulting Company

webfact

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

I tend to agree. Other than the horrific air quality issue, that the so called leaders utterly refuse to address. 

Bangkok is a great city. It has alot going for it. Though I live elsewhere in Thailand, I sure love visiting. 

Yo Mike, Its a fun place that's for sure. So much to see, do, and explore. I/we enjoy our trips north for visits too.

I imagine in my childlike creative mind quiet clean electric and natural gas busses, small tram systems spiderwebbed in the outer areas before the urban sprawl consumes too much space so the future will need less cars as the city expands.

More peddle powered taxi's (rickshaws), reopening of khlongs and great khlong cleaning systems, more trees. building those amazing green walled building. all over the place. 

• Sad 1

Here are the Top 10.

Based on each city's performance in the 24 factors analyzed, these are the World's Best Cities for 2023:

Honorary World's Best City: Kyiv, Ukraine

1. London, England
  2. Paris, France
  3. New York City, USA
  4. Tokyo, Japan
  5. Dubai, United Arab Emirates
  6. Barcelona, Spain
  7. Rome, Italy
  8. Madrid, Spain
  9. Singapore, Republic of Singapore
  10. Amsterdam, Netherlands

Wonder how they managed to attain 30th place?

• Thanks 1

Never heard of them

But what about the unfavourable air quality, traffic congestion and the demolition of many a landmark,  place of historic interest too construct ugly shopping malls and condos.

Yet there are other interests that I like when visiting BKK.

3 hours ago, Clarkey611 said:

Here are the Top 10.

Based on each city's performance in the 24 factors analyzed, these are the World's Best Cities for 2023:

1. London, England
  2. Paris, France
  3. New York City, USA
  4. Tokyo, Japan
  6. Barcelona, Spain
  7. Rome, Italy
  8. Madrid, Spain

Just back from a week in Dubai. What a horrible, congested, expensive concrete place.

Never again even if it was no 30!

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Clarkey611 said:

Here are the Top 10.

1. London, England
  2. Paris, France
  3. New York City, USA
  4. Tokyo, Japan
  6. Barcelona, Spain
  7. Rome, Italy
  8. Madrid, Spain

This is of course all hogwash.

London's only claim to fame is the fact that Arsenal F.C. resides there (for the time being).

Paris's only claim is to excellent wine at (relatively) cheap prices.

New York's only claim is that one can be granted bail seconds after one has committed a crime.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I tend to agree. Other than the horrific air quality issue, that the so called leaders utterly refuse to address. 

Bangkok is a great city. It has alot going for it. Though I live elsewhere in Thailand, I sure love visiting. 

Bangkok is indeed a great city, but they must have forgotten to factor in the abysmal air quality most of the year, otherwise it could never have landed in 30th place.

Every time I visit Thailand (for the last  thirty or forty years or more) I spend an hour or two at Bangkok Airport waiting for my onward flight. Occasionally (once or twice a decade) I overnight there.

Dirty, smelly, over-crowded, crime-ridden and the traffic is atrocious - unbelievable, at any time day or night.

Yeah right, it's the thirtieth best city in the world.

• Thanks 1

On 2/27/2023 at 3:02 AM, IamNoone88 said:

London was ranked 1st. A city that has a horrendous crime rate where even the police advertise on billboards not to wear valuables in public. The tube is filthy and service standards across the board are generally very poor. Restaurants and cafes are crowded and expensive - as is public transport. Public toilets are few and far between. Try and enter a historic site and be prepared to pay through the nose for the privilege. While Bangkok has it's own issues, none of them are above and in my opinion is a much better city.

Plus the brand spanking new Elizabeth line is shut for 5 weekends for bloody engineering works. I agree about the tube. Some lines are ok like the circle line. It has newer trains but the other lines are a disgrace. 

On 2/27/2023 at 5:52 AM, Srikcir said:

Feb, 2, 2023 Bangkok ranked third in the world (AQI 198) for poor air quality behind Pakistan and India. So pick your ranking parameters carefully.

How can

On 2/27/2023 at 5:52 AM, Srikcir said:

Feb, 2, 2023 Bangkok ranked third in the world (AQI 198) for poor air quality behind Pakistan and India. So pick your ranking parameters carefully.

How can a city be compared to two large countries?

On 2/27/2023 at 6:03 AM, SuperSilverHaze said:

Entire city needs a coat of paint. Really looking shabby.

Needs parks and through rebuild of foot paths, roads, sewers. Traffic laws and regulations

Senior card BTS for farang.

Museum lol. No hab 

Parks and green spaces no hab

Take the masks off you ignorant people.

30 doesn't seem so good.

This no hab sounds funny but it's the spirit, the kindness of Thais who try to be nice to foreign people despite the little fluency they have in English. Yesterday I was in the BTS and a Thai girl bumped into me, she said "solly, solly, Sir", I said with a smile, no problem, Mai pen rai, she was so pleased that falang can speak a little, nit nói, Thai! LOL

On 2/28/2023 at 5:41 AM, nglodnig said:

Every time I visit Thailand (for the last  thirty or forty years or more) I spend an hour or two at Bangkok Airport waiting for my onward flight. Occasionally (once or twice a decade) I overnight there.

Dirty, smelly, over-crowded, crime-ridden and the traffic is atrocious - unbelievable, at any time day or night.

You have a problem Sir, if you cannot see the positive in Bangkok, you shouldn't keep on going back there... 

• Sad 1

I evaluate 10,000 things, with only ONE being important:   women!!!!  everything else, who cares!!!!  This is not my problem!!!! lol

Show me the women and you will go Number 1 on my list!!!  

I've been in Thailand for 32 years and haven't seen one temple!!!!!   Too focused on the women!!! lol

It's all about how great we are and how we can expect hordes of various tourists in the news these days! Bangkok is a scruffy, hot, traffic jammed sweltering, polluted, over-crowded city like most of the capitals in the region.... 

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

It's all about how great we are and how we can expect hordes of various tourists in the news these days! Bangkok is a scruffy, hot, traffic jammed sweltering, polluted, over-crowded city like most of the capitals in the region.... 

But at the same time, some neighborhoods really have a feel of a small town... 

On 2/28/2023 at 5:41 AM, nglodnig said:

Overnite at the airport? Do you mean in one of those capsules in the basement?