Thai Girl Gets Usa Tourist Visa!

I (the boyfriend) lives here in LOS. Every year I go back home alone to visit family this year I thought it would be nice to show my girl America so we applied for a tourist visa.

Here were the facts:

She had bank account for 3 years with money going in and out nit much of a balance.

She has been self employed running a small gas station in a village no proof of income.

She has 2 children and complete family.

She owns a house.

She owns a car.

She has been to Europe.

We followed the directions carefully and when everything was completed made the appointment.

THE BIG DAY!

During the appointment when she stands at a window and talks to Embassy employee (American girl speaking Thai) behind a window, she never asked fore any of the documentation that we had brought. She was only interested in two things.

1. Her Passport....... she wanted to see those stamps that verified she had left the country before and returned

2. She wanted to talk to me and verify that I live here in LOS what kind of visa I had (retirement) and we were only going for a visit.

The interview was less than 5 minutes.

NOTE: The Embassy employee spoke Thai but not good Thai. My girl speaks good English, but was afraid to ask her to speak English so there was some confusion for a few minutes. But they got everything right and there was no problem.

The people at the Embassy were nice and respectful , and as I sadi there was no problem about me being there durin ghte interview process.

Bottom line is this if your girl has been out of the country and returned and if you live here I think you will have no problem.

If one of those things are true she may be fine.

BUT if neither are true it may be difficult!

Hope this helps someone!

I (the boyfriend) lives here in LOS. Every year I go back home alone to visit family this year I thought it would be nice to show my girl America so we applied for a tourist visa.

Here were the facts:

She had bank account for 3 years with money going in and out nit much of a balance.

She has been self employed running a small gas station in a village no proof of income.

She has 2 children and complete family.

She owns a house.

She owns a car.

She has been to Europe.

We followed the directions carefully and when everything was completed made the appointment.

THE BIG DAY!

During the appointment when she stands at a window and talks to Embassy employee (American girl speaking Thai) behind a window, she never asked fore any of the documentation that we had brought. She was only interested in two things.

1. Her Passport....... she wanted to see those stamps that verified she had left the country before and returned

2. She wanted to talk to me and verify that I live here in LOS what kind of visa I had (retirement) and we were only going for a visit.

The interview was less than 5 minutes.

NOTE: The Embassy employee spoke Thai but not good Thai. My girl speaks good English, but was afraid to ask her to speak English so there was some confusion for a few minutes. But they got everything right and there was no problem.

The people at the Embassy were nice and respectful , and as I sadi there was no problem about me being there durin ghte interview process.

Bottom line is this if your girl has been out of the country and returned and if you live here I think you will have no problem.

If one of those things are true she may be fine.

BUT if neither are true it may be difficult!

Hope this helps someone!

Did they give her a piece of paper that she had to return to the embassy upon her return ???

My wife got a tourist visa in 2005 and was told that she had to be back by the date on the return ticket. No possibility of extension and that she had to return within 2 days after she arrived back in thailand. Sort of pissed me off since she is married to an american and the mother of 2 americans. She should have received a 1 year or longer tourist visa as far as i am concerned. She had been to the USA twice before and had a green card that she returned when we moved to thailand.

Did they give her a piece of paper that she had to return to the embassy upon her return ???

My wife got a tourist visa in 2005 and was told that she had to be back by the date on the return ticket. No possibility of extension and that she had to return within 2 days after she arrived back in thailand. Sort of pissed me off since she is married to an american and the mother of 2 americans. She should have received a 1 year or longer tourist visa as far as i am concerned. She had been to the USA twice before and had a green card that she returned when we moved to thailand.

Have never heard of that and to be honest I doubt the veracity of it. My wife got a visa in late 2004 from Bangkok embassy, we submitted no plan or tickets. No mention of reporting back to Embassy. If your wife was to apply today, she would be given a 10 year multi entry.

The OP’s report just confirms that for a Thai person in a relationship with an US Citizen (USC) living in Thailand, the USC’s ties to Thailand and the Thais ties :o to the USC pretty much make the visa a sure thing.

TH

Have never heard of that and to be honest I doubt the veracity of it. My wife got a visa in late 2004 from Bangkok embassy, we submitted no plan or tickets. No mention of reporting back to Embassy. If your wife was to apply today, she would be given a 10 year multi entry.

The OP's report just confirms that for a Thai person in a relationship with an US Citizen (USC) living in Thailand, the USC's ties to Thailand and the Thais ties :o to the USC pretty much make the visa a sure thing.

TH

Regarding that note in the passport, on arrival in the U.S. CIS, former INS, will just ignore it.  The wife & I were travelling with a friend and his Thai GF a couple years back, she had such a note but for just 30 days, and at Seattle was stamped in for the normal 6 months.

Re the relationship Q, it seems it's almost easier to get a GF visa than for a spouse. If married, the ConOff wants ensure that you're not just trying to jump the queue of immigration and heading for an adjustment of status to PRA when you hit the U.S.  I was questioned pretty well but my passports, including expired ones, did establish that I've been living here for 10+ years and been on the retirement extension since '98.  

In any case, if you're living here and have a longterm relationship going, no real problem getting the 10-year visa.

Mac