“We remain confident that Thailand’s parliament will legalise and regulate vaping”

webfact

15 minutes ago, webfact said:

“We remain confident that Thailand’s parliament will legalize and regulate vaping once the likely May General Election has been held

...i guess so! after all, is vaping more dangerous than  smoking cannabis which is no longer prohibited? i don't think so, but I don't know, as  don't indulge in  either of them, indeed!

5 minutes ago, paulbrow said:

Just for my 2 cents worth, vaping got me off a 50 yearlong smoking habit. Once I eliminated cigarettes, my ability to breath improved dramatically. The vaping with only nicotine entering my lungs improved my ability to breath almost immediately. I was able to quit vaping much more easily than any of my repeated attempts to stop cigarettes. Of course, this was spurred on by Thailand making it very difficult to obtain my vaping products. Today my respiratory health is tremendously improved and personally I owe it all to vaping. Once Thailand recognizes the number of income streams that vaping could establish for the Kingdom, I fully expect vaping will be legalized.

But vaping is not here for health purposes. It is here to create as many addicted customers as possible to get their money. As always with drugs. Some people will make a fortune and others will suffer. But it is the same with alcohol, sex, gambling and... It is just one more thing.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, paulbrow said:

Just for my 2 cents worth, vaping got me off a 50 yearlong smoking habit. Once I eliminated cigarettes, my ability to breath improved dramatically. The vaping with only nicotine entering my lungs improved my ability to breath almost immediately. I was able to quit vaping much more easily than any of my repeated attempts to stop cigarettes. Of course, this was spurred on by Thailand making it very difficult to obtain my vaping products. Today my respiratory health is tremendously improved and personally I owe it all to vaping. Once Thailand recognizes the number of income streams that vaping could establish for the Kingdom, I fully expect vaping will be legalized.

It's a familiar tale- I've read it perhaps a hundred times. There's no doubt vaping is a health boon for hardened smokers. It's just the selling of nicotine (a mild narcotic) to youngsters in strong fruity flavors that also creates a public health concern. Regrettably we don't know the long term health consequences. 

Thailand won't legalize e-cigs imo, it'll just become less illegal over time- long term expats will know what I mean by this.

8 hours ago, webfact said:

“We remain confident that Thailand’s parliament will legalize and regulate vaping once the likely May General Election has been held. The issue is simply too big to ignore and the science too compelling,” says Asa Saligupta, Director of ECST (ENDS Cigarette Smoke Thailand).

Since when did common sense prevail in Thailand?

3 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Same here. I switched from Cigarettes to Vapes, then quit vapes.

The good thing about Vapes is that you don't have to smoke a whole cigarette every time you need a puff or two. You can just have a single puff when you really need it and put it back in your pocket, making it easier to cut down on intake and eventually quit.

Banning them is insane. They should legalize them, tax them, and regulate the quality of the product to ensure it is as safe as possible. 

Thanks to you and Paulbrow . I would like to try to do the same . I know that the vape holder can be bought here in Thailand but what concerns me is the vape liquid , inasmuch as who made it and where was it made ( Chineses back street tin shack ?) .  I believe that vaping in the UK and other countries will be safer , with licenced vape liquid manufacturers . Can a vape company be recommended to sourse the vape in Thailand ?

7 minutes ago, superal said:

Thanks to you and Paulbrow . I would like to try to do the same . I know that the vape holder can be bought here in Thailand but what concerns me is the vape liquid , inasmuch as who made it and where was it made ( Chineses back street tin shack ?) .  I believe that vaping in the UK and other countries will be safer , with licenced vape liquid manufacturers . Can a vape company be recommended to sourse the vape in Thailand ?

This is a BIG BIG problem with vaping......There are HUGE variations in E-juice quality from very good to very bad........Even when vaping was sort of legal in Thailand it was a challenge even then to find good juice........Now I bet its really hard.....

• Like 1

19 hours ago, superal said:

Unfortunately I wouldn't know.

I quit when it was still semi-legal/undecided, there were lots of online sellers back then with recognized brands. I'm still not sure you could guarantee the quality back then TBH, could have been fake.

That's the problem with banning things, it just continues, but unregulated.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, superal said:

You can buy these vape thinggies that you just put in the raw cut gunja and use it. Not cheap, about $300 Aus.