No Parking on beach road Pattaya

Henryford

3 hours ago, ozimoron said:

It will improve pedestrian safety immensely.

Yes, the thieving ladyboys are poised for action! Hey babe, take a walk on the wild side!

Edited by 2baht

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

Logic dictates that if you ban or alter something they should provide alternative parking solution for this ban being a holiday resort and destination unless they just don't care.

You’d find in many countries touristy or  highly busy cbd areas also don’t allow parking to improve pedestrian access and reduced traffic. Thailand is a bit behind. 

18 hours ago, ezzra said:

Logic dictates that if you ban or alter something they should provide alternative parking solution for this ban being a holiday resort and destination unless they just don't care.

Well logic might but practicality might not. Is it the duty of City Hall to provide parking to lazy people who refuse to leave their vehicles at home, or walk further than 15 yards to the beach? When parking was allowed along the Beach side did they build a condo on some previous parking spots? Actually some more parking was built at Naklua market and T21. Perhaps a compulsory purchase of the land next to VT6 for a multi-story one. Still waiting on the monorail!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2023 at 11:41 AM, ezzra said:

My wife told me that when they banned parking on the right side of beach road they told people to park in Central's parking. Not sure if it is true, but I have noticed an uptick of traffic in that parking lot.

14 hours ago, smccolley said:

My wife told me that when they banned parking on the right side of beach road they told people to park in Central's parking. Not sure if it is true, but I have noticed an uptick of traffic in that parking lot.

To be expected don't you think?