Best FREE Android app for English voice to Thai text translation

Hi I have been using Google, Bing and Thai2English for years for translations of English to Thai and the reverse translations especially in business.

They all have their shortcomings, but the secret to success as mentioned previously is small sentences at a time and try to compose the context with common nouns, proper nouns create more of a challenge; a good translation engine will not translate proper names if it does not have it in its vocabulary library, rather than generate rubbish at times. 

But some recent research I have done with ChatGPT AI is excellent and running the Eng to Thai translation back though Google, Bing and Thai2English they all translate the context pretty much 99.9%.

A bit about ChatGPT AI translation engine: No, I do not use Google Translate for translations. I am an AI language model trained by OpenAI, which means I use a combination of algorithms and natural language processing techniques to generate responses. My responses are based on patterns and rules learned from a vast corpus of text data, and I do not rely on any external translation tools. However, please note that machine translation can still have limitations and may not always be 100% accurate, especially with complex or idiomatic language.

This is really unusual for all 3 translations to be near identical, BTW Thai2English breaks down the Thai syntax structure.

The reverse translation from Thai to English in ChatGPT AI is also pretty good also from my experience.

Not perfect, but should get better with ChatGPT-4 when rolled out.

They are all free (ChatGPT at the moment), so give it a go! 

On 3/1/2023 at 10:44 PM, tomazbodner said:

I used Google Translate (which should already come preinstalled on your Android phone). Has no ads. You either type text, or paste it in, or use camera to capture text, or press big microphone button and talk into it, and it displays recognised text, then translation, and offers a speaker icon, so pressing it reads out translation in voice.

It has offline translation capabilities by downloading the language packs.

The downside is that it probably fishes for words in conversation and sells your soul to devil to spam you with ads in other apps and on web pages.

"The downside is that it probably fishes for words in conversation and sells your soul to devil to spam you with ads in other apps and on web pages."

At best is only that.

F-Droid using "Translator " as the Search word lists a few apps.