Motorbike road trip to Tibet and maybe some of northern India

banglay

Hi !  ADV's out there ,, I am thinking  of planning a road trip to Tibet/Nepal  next year and was wondering if anybody would like to join me on the adventure  and help with the planning  etc,  It is on my bucket list and I ain't getting any younger lol .

MODS please put in another forum if will help me 

• Like 1

If regulations have not been eased, you will need to pay an official guide in China. Friend of mine traveled from Wladiwostok to Thailand pre-covid and paid ~$5000 for this "service" (the guide was riding as passenger on the motorcycle). However, he was not allowed into Tibet. I doubt that border crossings from China to India are feasible. My friend initially planned to continue to Nepal via Myanmar, but is now contemplating to go further South (subject to resolving import duty in Thailand).

• Thumbs Up 1

I believe you'll need a special Tibet travel visa in addition to your China visa.

There are tour companies that organize all this for you, for a price, so better in a group.

You could check this site for some related info:

https://www.gt-rider.com/

https://www.gt-rider.com/se-asia-motorcycling/threads/tibet-tour-april-2016-day-11-to-day-14-the-run-home.13064/

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, redwood1 said:

I personally think touring India on a motorcycle sounds very dangerous....Not from the people but from the horrible traffic...Cows, pigs, children, bicycles,carts,insain traffic back-ups....O-man

fear is a personal thing , for me travel is worth the risk ..  for some the earth is Flat and you'll fall off the edge ,    lol