I think I see new wording in the NON Visas Retirement Visas, 'Bank requirements section ?

I extended my Visa myself this Year, at the Ayutthaya Immigration Office which is an Easy and Friendly place to do it.

BUT I now think ? That I DO see new Wording in the Extension Requirements ?

… I saw it in an ASIAN NOW piece on the 10 Good things about Retiring in Puket, in it’s Thai Immigration section, of that article, so I then looks at the Standard Thai Immigration Web site to check it !!! … AND YES, it looks like that have Changed the wording re the Funds that have to be kept in your Savings account to be able to do it yourself., … And in the Documents required section they say a “Certificate of Deposit” from your bank is required now I think ? Well on the Imm site this is there now I think. ?

Well it was Implied before, that the 800,000 in the bank probably should have come from OUT side Thailand, … but they did not say that ! Precisely, I think. ?

… Until now as I see it ? … I think. ?

The ASIA NOW article –

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?tab=rm&ogbl#advanced-search/from=ASEAN+NOW+DAILY+NEWS&subset=trash&within=1d&sizeoperator=s_sl&sizeunit=s_smb&query=in%3Atrash+from%3A(ASEAN+NOW+DAILY+NEWS)/WhctKKXpWhPsmKbZSDnktWtHksmxffGqwJqKpCWVFhpPkJNMpJtPMqVtXCNcNCNRpxtZFBB

“Retirement visas (O and O-A visas) are available for foreigners over the age of 50 and requires a minimum bank balance “and monthly income requirement.”  … 

… Nb. AND !!! “ANDmonthly income requirement”

And then I found this link to the Criteria and Requirement for Visa Extension from the Thai Immigration Department site. ?

https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?p=14714

And In the extension requirements for NON O and OA visas.

“Must have an annual earning and a deposit in a commercial bank located in Thailand with totaling of no less than 800,000 baht as of the filing date.” … 

Nb. “annual earning” and a deposit … “Annual Earning” New words to me ? with no, …   OR’s in it ? 

And then in the Documents Required also new words re this

“Fund deposit certificate”  issued by a commercial bank located in Thailand” and a copy of bank account of course as usual.

… Like a “Fund deposit certificate”  … It always has have the Bank Account details for 12 Months, … but I have not seen the Requirement for the “Fund Deposit Certificate” before ???

… Any Ideas on this if you have the time Fellows ?  (Like it could affect Your Visa Renewals also Possibly  ???)

I believe you might be taking some bits and pieces out of context.  Of course this could be a problem of translating Thai to English as well.   For instance consider the Combo Method to financial qualify (money in the bank + monthly income).  Then terms like "minimum balance and monthly income could be relevant.".  But I could be wrong  because TIT and possibly this could be sometihng new?

• Thanks 1

From what the Chiang Mai IMO emailed me yesterday, got mine today.

Documents to be submitted

1. Application form

2. Copy of applicant’s passport

3. Evidence of income such as a retirement pension, interest or dividends; and/or

4. Account  deposited  (saving / fixed account) certificate issued by a bank in Thailand and a copy of a bankbook

5. Only in the case of Criterion (6), the applicant must submit documents equivalent to Clauses 1-4 stated above.

6.Copy of foreigner registration certificate (TM.30)

7. Departure card (TM.6)

8.Notification 90 days report appointment.

I still did overkill with 12 month statement, bank letter and copy of bank book. I have 800k sitting in account so number 4 applies to me. But it was a Wild West show in Chiang Mai IMO this morning but I was in and out in an hour.

• Like 1

On 3/7/2023 at 7:27 AM, DrJack54 said:

Nothing has changed. 

Chill. 

Thanks Greatly Dr. Jack, ... Yes Just what I wanted to Hear ? And quite likely totally true also, though well, it will still just be how the Immigration Department near Hear, wants to Enforce it ??? ... I think what you say .. Like Chill, ... Will probably suffice if nothing else changes.

Though with my People here, Who are VERY Good Immigration People and Know about Chill also ...   Police captain Monkey, ... "Ling", his Thai Nick Name, an obviously, Very Good Boss, ... and his good troops,  ... I am sire that Chill is something good that THEY also know a lot about !!! ( Having being hammered by all of this <Deleted> in the Imm Dept., ... Just like we have !!! ... Like they are just on the other side of the counter right !!! ??? 

But if they DO ask for any New Statements of Deposit ? ... Though well I think that they might already consider that they are the Deposits, already in the 12 Month Computer Print out for you account ! ? .... ???

But if any thing New is required THEN it obviously would have come from their BKK H.Q. I would be sure.

So I will just ... Transfer in the 800,000, like plenty to invest it in here .... Still with good return. ? ...

... And Note the Changes on a Post, on here, for other NON visa Holders to Look Out for.

Thanks Mate ! 

Mark. mark

Thanks.

On 3/7/2023 at 12:36 PM, Advocatus Diaboli said:

From what the Chiang Mai IMO emailed me yesterday, got mine today.

Documents to be submitted

1. Application form

2. Copy of applicant’s passport

3. Evidence of income such as a retirement pension, interest or dividends; and/or

4. Account  deposited  (saving / fixed account) certificate issued by a bank in Thailand and a copy of a bankbook

5. Only in the case of Criterion (6), the applicant must submit documents equivalent to Clauses 1-4 stated above.

6.Copy of foreigner registration certificate (TM.30)

7. Departure card (TM.6)

8.Notification 90 days report appointment.

I still did overkill with 12 month statement, bank letter and copy of bank book. I have 800k sitting in account so number 4 applies to me. But it was a Wild West show in Chiang Mai IMO this morning but I was in and out in an hour.

Thanks Advocatus, yes I think that the 12 Month Bank Statement has the Evidence of Income, in the forms of Sails of stocks and their Dividends in my Case. So well as Dr. Jack suggests I CAN Chill again now I think. ... and Thanks for the list. I am glad that you got yours. ...