Rental contract as proof of accomodation for retirement visa

Hey, my mom is about to start the process for retirement visa, we just finished depositing the 800k baht in a thai bank acount from overseas,  we understand we get a document from our bank to prove that, the other document required is a proof of accomodation.  Is there a universal "rental contract"  I can download and get the owner of the condo to fill out and we sign or what exactly do I need here?   The owner is Japanese if that matters.  Thankyou

Couple of points.

You mention "our bank".

The bank account must be in your mum's name only for her to obtain a non O retirement.

To show that the funds came from abroad there needs to be FTT code on the transaction or "credit advice" from bank. 

The "bank letter" is just a letter the bank provides to verify she is owner of the account.

Regarding Lease.....It is up to the owner of the condo to do that.

Note that folk have obtained a non O at Thai immigration by providing a TM30. 

Some people at the time of applying for the non O have not committed to a lease. 

Which immigration office does will your mother be dealing with. 

5 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Couple of points.

You mention "our bank".

The bank account must be in your mum's name only for her to obtain a non O retirement.

To show that the funds came from abroad there needs to be FTT code on the transaction or "credit advice" from bank. 

The "bank letter" is just a letter the bank provides to verify she is owner of the account.

Regarding Lease.....It is up to the owner of the condo to do that.

Note that folk have obtained a non O at Thai immigration by providing a TM30. 

Some people at the time of applying for the non O have not committed to a lease. 

Which immigration office does will your mother be dealing with. 

Yes we understand the bank account stuff, just clueless about how to get a condo owner to give us what we need.  We are in Bangkok and will deal with immigration there.  Do they not need a condo lease to get this started?

34 minutes ago, TheLaughingMan said:

Yes we understand the bank account stuff, just clueless about how to get a condo owner to give us what we need.  We are in Bangkok and will deal with immigration there.  Do they not need a condo lease to get this started?

I've been to renew my non O retirement ext. yesterday. Yes, they wanted my lease or confirmation from landlord that I live there. In my case easy as landlord is a company. I also needed TM30 from landlord. He is legally required to register yr mother to get TM30 once she moved in. Surely, you don't move & pay without a contract? 

• Like 1