Re entry permit over the weekend

Yes, sorry if this has been answered before but can not find it.
I live in Kanchanaburi province and if travelling out of Thailand on a weekend how do I get an rentry permit and usually go  Immigration but can one go before travel.
Thanks

You can apply for a re-entry permit at your local immigration office at any time to protect your current permission to stay around an overseas trip. At international airports, it can be done on the day of your departure. A few major land crossings also have re-entry permit facilities usable as you exit Thailand.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, scorecard said:

However note the PR holders cannot get an exit/re-entry stamp at an airport. Has to be done at an Immigration office, normal office hours. 

Note also that a re-entry permit for PR holders, costs more than for others!!!

• Like 1

I left out of BKK in late January.  My flight on ANA was at 0710.  I got to the check in desk at 0420.  I completed check in at 0600.  Got through immigration and security at 0625.  Got to the departure gate by 0640.  Boarding had already started.  Did not have time to stop for coffee or anything else. I got my re-entry at immigration two weeks before.  Just in case I would be at the airport really, really early.  It seems like international check-in at BKK was moving at a snails pace at that time.  Don't know if it has gotten any better? 

• Like 1