Rental contract from my own Daughter?

hi, in the next few months I'm gonna move in a condo owned by my daughter, half Thai.

I've been told by the volunteers of Phuket immigration that when I go to file the new TM30, I need to provide also a rental contract, which is ridiculous since I'm gonna stay there for free and she's family. Anybody here had a similar experience?

Thanks 

On 3/8/2023 at 2:17 PM, ubonjoe said:

Your daughter could write a statement that you are living in her condo. She would need to attach signed copies of her house book ID card.

Recently I got my 1-year extension based on Thai daughter, there is an additional issue to that similar situation. Thai immigration refuses to recognise my Thai child as the home owner in despite that her name is shown on the char-note deed. The reason is due to her age below 20 so the guardian (parents) are necessary to write the letter on behalf of her. Fortunately they helped me to prepare a letter & I provided them the copy of my ex-wife's Thai Id card. (Phuket Immigration). Hope this comment will help. 

On 3/10/2023 at 9:20 AM, Bruce Kerr said:

If you are living or retired in Thailand and do 90day reporting you re required to provide proof of address. Unless you own a condo with a home book you need a rental agreement to provide immigration with your address.

Not true.  I have a usufruct entitlement on the back of my house chanote.  I am registered with immigration as both the controller and occupant of the property.