Is a TM 30 possible advance if done online?

Hello everybody,

with a planned trip to our home (Wife is the housemaster) we do the TM30 online. Is it possible to do the TM30 in advance?

Like one or two days before arrival (or maybe even a week before).

Would be comfortable.

Sincerely

You OP is confusing. 

"Trip to our home" ....trip from where.

Will you be attending immigration for any reason such as extension? 

Are you currently in Thailand.

Don't see any compelling reason to do a TM30 depending on your answers. 

Please accept my humble apology: We are in Germany, going to Thailand again in a week on the 45 day visa exempt.

We will rather not have a reason to visit immigration this time. (But who knows? - and I will apply for a non o based on marriage the next time , not this time - but who knows)

Still we do the TM30 everytime online after we arrive from Germany, because we do not want any trouble or even fines for my wife.

(We even did it the first time at the police station in the nearby district, within 24 hours, because then there wasn't the online option and we did not want to go to the far away immigration office.)

As for the Jetlag and because it needs to be done within 24 hours I have the idea, we could do that in advance - if possible - so we can just relax when we arrive.

We have always been very correct on all the official ways for good reasons.

Maybe it is worth to mention I got a yellow tambien Ban and a pink ID.

If you want to be technical, the TM30 is due within 24 hours after you take up occupancy; however:

(1)  In some provinces, no filing is required if you return to your already registered address (i.e., it sounds like your wife has already registered you online at the same address and, depending on your Immigration office, no additional filing may be due).

(2) If you won't be going to Immigration for any service and just staying for the 45 days or less, don't bother (although technically it's due) as there will be no consequence for not doing it.

(3) Asking the question on the basis that somehow you'll be jet lagged for the entire 24 hours after you arrive and will be too inconvenienced to do a 5-minute online task seems a bit silly.  And having a tabien baan and/or pink ID is irrelevant to your question. 

You're not supposed to report your presence before you're actually being present. Now, whether their online system has a flaw that allows you to do it anyway (by selecting future arrival and check-in dates), I don't know, as I've never tried.

25 minutes ago, CMBob said:

In some provinces, no filing is required if you return to your already registered address

The OP is returning visa exempt and a TM30 is required even if it's the same address where he lived previously.

5 minutes ago, Brock said:

Ratchaburi Immigration told me that when I return to Thailand next time, no need for TM30 as address is already registered..

That depends on if you return with reentry permit or the same visa. 

15 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The OP is returning visa exempt and a TM30 is required even if it's the same address where he lived previously.

Following expiration of my retirement extension while being trapped back in the US during the covid mess, I returned visa exempt in September of 21 and no new TM30 filing was required here in Chiangmai.  Used a copy of the old TM30 Receipt of Notification still stapled in my passport for conversion to a Non-O without any problem or question and have used a copy of it again for other services (including two annual extensions based on retirement).  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CMBob said:

I returned visa exempt in September of 21 and no new TM30 filing was required here in Chiangmai

They are wrong. Not unusual.

But worked for you then no problem.

You should have been required to do new TM30 

Edited by DrJack54

Thanks DrJack for the clear answer. Maybe I should have cut my question down to that line. Forgive me.

And yes CMBob it is no big deal to go online for a few minutes or a few more. It was just for my convenience.

8 hours ago, Sparkling said:

Still we do the TM30 everytime online after we arrive from Germany, because we do not want any trouble or even fines for my wife.

Not possible in advance to my knowledge, as you haven't arrived yet...:whistling:

You need to register the house master in advance to be able to make an online TM.30 report...????

• Like 1

On 3/9/2023 at 2:14 PM, khunPer said:

Not possible in advance to my knowledge, as you haven't arrived yet...:whistling:

You need to register the house master in advance to be able to make an online TM.30 report...????

When I moved to the place you helped me with nobody knew what a TM.30 was. Not the owner or the Canadian/German property manager. I had to prove it.

But I needed it just to get a license and buy a car, let alone immigration! Things changed.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ding said:

But I needed it just to get a license and buy a car, let alone immigration! Things changed.

Currently in the main for a TDL you would require a certificate of residence. A TM30 wouldn't be useful. 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Currently in the main for a TDL you would require a certificate of residence. A TM30 wouldn't be useful. 

Yes, thanks.

As I recall, we used a TM30 at immigration to get the residency certificate. Can't remember them asking for the owner's housebook until my first 1 year extension of stay 2 months later. This was Samui immigration.

On 3/9/2023 at 5:38 AM, Sparkling said:

On 3/9/2023 at 5:38 AM, Sparkling said:

We will rather not have a reason to visit immigration this time.

On 3/8/2023 at 10:19 PM, Sparkling said:

Is it possible to do the TM30 in advance?

i think the question here is.. why?

it seems you are ok doing the TM30 by any options.. and also it sounds like you are ok with playing safe. so.. why dont you just come here and do it via immigration or mobile app? mobile app takes 5 mins to do.

the way you describe things seems you already know where you will stay and so on.. so prepare yourself. you already know where the immigration is.. 

just do it how it should be bro as you did before.. nothing to lose spending few hours in the immigration just for tm30

22 hours ago, ding said:

Yes, thanks.

As I recall, we used a TM30 at immigration to get the residency certificate. Can't remember them asking for the owner's housebook until my first 1 year extension of stay 2 months later. This was Samui immigration.

You still do at most places; even Samui Immigration is well known to be little more strict than others...:whistling:

• Like 1