File a old TM47 after new visa?

Previously I was on a 1 year extension to my Non-O visa based on Thai Spouse, then...

14th Feb:

[TM47] Notification for alien before the next appointment…. Your receipt for notification of "STAYING LONGER THAN 90 DAYS" will be due on 01/03/2023."

20th Feb

20th Feb:

leave Thailand, on 21st I get a new Non-O visa based on Thai Spouse, multiple entry in Savannakhet, and re enter Thailand on 22nd.

I never filed that TM47 as I new I was leaving before 1st March, so I don't think I needed to file it?

But my question is: Should I try and file that TM47 today?

I only ask this as Im worried if i get a 1 year extension in a couple of months or so, and then 90 days after that I try and file a TM47, it might reject it online and ask me to go to an immigration office to do the TM47,  I want to avoid this possibility, as it is a 1 day trip and about 2500 baht in travel cost for that trip. 

Any thoughts...?

You dont do a TM47 now.

When you apply for your extension your 90 day clock will start. 

You can do your TM47 report via mail. 

You will also need to do a new TM30 as you entered with new visa. 

Bit confused as to why you obtained a ME non O marriage if your intention is to obtain a 12 month extension in couple of months. 

Edited by DrJack54

10 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You dont do a TM47 now.

When you apply for your extension your 90 day clock will start. 

You can do your TM47 report via mail. 

You will also need to do a new TM30 as you entered with new visa. 

Bit confused as to why you obtained a ME non O marriage if your intention is to obtain a 12 month extension in couple of months. 

I forgot about doing the TM47 by mail, that solves the problem, thank you

It might take 3 months to get the 400k in the bank, so might need to do a border bounce after 90 days before I can apply for 1 year extension

18 hours ago, STD Warehouse said:

It might take 3 months to get the 400k in the bank, so might need to do a border bounce after 90 days before I can apply for 1 year extension

Or alternatively near the expiry of the 90 days apply for a one-off 60-day extension for the purposes of visiting your Thai wife, maybe? Would that give you enough time to accumulate 400k in your Thai bank account and then comply with the 2-month seasoning requirement?

Okay, just throw that 90 day receipt away.

You do NOT need to file one. 

You were filling 90 day reports on the previous extension you were on (before you went to Savannakhet), but you left the country before it one was due <-meaning you were not required to file it. 

When you returned it was not the old extension but on a new year long, multi entry non o visa,where you only get stamped in for 90 days at a time <- meaning you don't do 90 day reporting anymore.

It's not until you finally go apply for a year extension at the immigration office that your 90 day reporting will start back up and they'll give you a paper when you get the year extension telling you when that first new 90 day report is due.

Until then you don't do anything but bounce out and back every 90 days.

On 3/11/2023 at 10:02 AM, OJAS said:

Or alternatively near the expiry of the 90 days apply for a one-off 60-day extension for the purposes of visiting your Thai wife, maybe? Would that give you enough time to accumulate 400k in your Thai bank account and then comply with the 2-month seasoning requirement?

good suggestion, thank you