Might someone have used/seen Dr. Jessada Suwannasin Of Pattaya International Hospital Before?

Dart12

Hi.

I have been told to find the Doctor, and not chase the hospital before.

But I've used Memorial several times and have had decent experiences both times.  Once for surgery for broken bones even.

However, some months back I asked for urologists with a good name here in Pattaya area (I don't know the problem, that's why I'd be going in),
and his was not one that was suggested.

This will all be out of pocket, and I did research the consulatations of recomendations that were in BKK Hospital Pattaya and they were 3x more expensive just for the consultation alone, so I can only imagine the same if not worse for the care.

Of course, you'll never find anything online really in Thailand about doctors.  

And I know this does not mean anything, and it's sort of even agist....but doing the math that he graduated 50 years ago to become a doctor he is squarely over 80 and that leaves me wondering how up to date he is with issues and solutions.  I know that's not fair...but I feel it might be real.

Might anyone have an experience to share, good or bad, with me before I commit to going to him?

Certainly not 80.  He graduated 46 years ago which would make him probably sbout 68. 

I have the impression though that though his originsl qualugication was urology hd branched out more into general durgrry. 

Before going anywhere get PSA and urinslysis  done at Lifecare kabs, and bring results with you  will save money.  Avoid bike riding and sexual activity for 48 hours before the  PSA test for most accurate results.

And don't get medications at thr hospital, buy at outside pharmacy. 

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Certainly not 80.  He graduated 46 years ago which would make him probably sbout 68. 

I have the impression though that though his originsl qualugication was urology hd branched out more into general durgrry. 

Before going anywhere get PSA and urinslysis  done at Lifecare kabs, and bring results with you  will save money.  Avoid bike riding and sexual activity for 48 hours before the  PSA test for most accurate results.

And don't get medications at thr hospital, buy at outside pharmacy. 

I doubt he was a doctor at 22.  It takes about 10 to 14 years to graduate and become licensed as a doctor.  Which would put him hovering around 80.

I'll do that with Lifecare labs.  Good idea.

bike?  you include motorbike/ clicks / scooters as a bike?  

RE: medication.  What should I say to them exactly so that they don't force their meds onto my bill?
I know that sounds like a dumb question, but I tried to stop them one time and I basically got a "no, no, can't" and got ignored.   I didn't push it though.  Usually when at a hospital you are not in the mood for arguing.

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

He did my vasectomy at Pattaya Intl, he was very good, nice bedside manner and all that. I think he is director \ head of department at Queen Sirikit. Yes he is older, think of all the experience

Yeah, age doesn't mean he's bad or not up to date...but being up to date I think becomes less likely statistically.

Thank you for sharing.  I'm glad to hear a positive experience.

oh.  Is his English pretty good?

Edited by Dart12

37 minutes ago, Dart12 said:

Yeah, age doesn't mean he's bad or not up to date...but being up to date I think becomes less likely statistically.

Thank you for sharing.  I'm glad to hear a positive experience.

oh.  Is his English pretty good?

English is ok, not perfect, but you'll have a good English speaking nurse close by. On the subject of meds, you'll go to the cashier to pay (ground floor), ask for the list of meds before you pay, then you move to the right where the pharmacist is and they'll take them off. I would take a photo of the list so you can buy elsewhere easily. I didn't discuss taking the meds off with the Dr, i just did it, mine where basic bill padding stuff

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

English is ok, not perfect, but you'll have a good English speaking nurse close by. On the subject of meds, you'll go to the cashier to pay (ground floor), ask for the list of meds before you pay, then you move to the right where the pharmacist is and they'll take them off. I would take a photo of the list so you can buy elsewhere easily. I didn't discuss taking the meds off with the Dr, i just did it, mine where basic bill padding stuff

thank you for the wisdom there.  I appreciate it.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Dart12 said:

I doubt he was a doctor at 22.  It takes about 10 to 14 years to graduate and become licensed as a doctor.  Which would put him hovering around 80.

I'll do that with Lifecare labs.  Good idea.

bike?  you include motorbike/ clicks / scooters as a bike?  

RE: medication.  What should I say to them exactly so that they don't force their meds onto my bill?
I know that sounds like a dumb question, but I tried to stop them one time and I basically got a "no, no, can't" and got ignored.   I didn't push it though.  Usually when at a hospital you are not in the mood for arguing.

It tajes 6 years post high school to complete a medical degree in Thailand.  People do indeed becomd doctors ar 23 or so here.

Specialty training takes longer of course. 

Yes I would include motorcyce as a bike.  

When you see the doctor find out what medications (if any) he is prescribing. Whrn you arrive st cashier tell them right away you do not need the medications. 

If they give you flak stand your ground. By law hospitals cannot require you to buy medications from their pharmacy. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Sheryl said:

It tajes 6 years post high school to complete a medical degree in Thailand.  People do indeed becomd doctors ar 23 or so here.

Specialty training takes longer of course. 

Yes I would include motorcyce as a bike.  

When you see the doctor find out what medications (if any) he is prescribing. Whrn you arrive st cashier tell them right away you do not need the medications. 

If they give you flak stand your ground. By law hospitals cannot require you to buy medications from their pharmacy. 

ugh.  almost can't avoid the bike, but am doin the rest based on your recommendation.

@Sheryl  is it ok, or how do you approach it, to go see the doctor first....who then wants to run different blood/ urine tests.

How do you broach the subject of getting the info on what tests they want to take and then leave to get them done at the lab instead?

or do you not do this ever?

I usually know what tests may be needed.

If I do not, or the doctor recommends test(s) I have not had I usually get it done at the hospital unless it is something unusually expensive. Which is infrequent.

There is no problem to be candid with a doctor about cost concerns. Ask how much tests will cost.

It will usually not save money once in a doctor consultation to leave and go to a lab outside as that would entail 2 separate paid doctor visits whereas usually get charged just once if you are sent to hosputal lab and return right after.  Makes sense only if the test is something that won't yield results quickly. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

I usually know what tedldts may be needed.

If I do not, or the doctor recommends test(s) I have not had I usually get it done at the hospital unless it is something unusually expensive. Which is infrequent.

There is no problem to be candid with a doctor about cost concerns. Ask how much tests will cost.

It will usually not save money once in a doctor consultation to leave and go to a lab outside as that would entail 2 separate paid doctor visits eheras usyally get charged jyst ince if you are sent to hosputal lB and return right after.  Makes sense only if the test is something that won't yield results quickly. 

ok.  As I had never considered testing outside of a hospital before, or bringing tests.  In US most anything outside of their own circle is rejected for use on the basis of possible litigation by the patient for wrong diagnosis/treatment.

But everything is a whole different game here in Thailand.

thank you for helping once again, Sheryl