Beaches for Swimming near to Hua Hin

Eddie45

6 hours ago, KhunLA said:

but really can't think of any conveniently located near HH that I'd actually swim in.

So that is 1000% you being the problem, nothing I can find to swim in, give me a fkng break. Bet you jump into that nice smaller pool at any 5 star resort, not knowing 100 people <deleted> in it the past 3 days, without cleaning. But an average beach, to swim in, oh no.

I even swim in extents of the river of BKK, knowing to not drink the water, as little as you would want salt sea water inside yourself. People likely want a pool within the ocean in 5 years from now, with only booster shot QR holders, being allowed in.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

5 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

So that is 1000% you being the problem, nothing I can find to swim in, give me a fkng break. Bet you jump into that nice smaller pool at any 5 star resort, not knowing 100 people <deleted> in it the past 3 days, without cleaning. But an average beach, to swim in, oh no.

I even swim in extents of the river of BKK, knowing to not drink the water, as little as you would want salt sea water inside yourself. People likely want a pool within the ocean in 5 years from now, with only booster shot QR holders, being allowed in.

I try to avoid ear infections, so if near a developed area, I expect the fecal/bacteria count to be high enough to cause an infection.  Thailand lacking proper, sufficient sewer treatment facilities is well known.

Last 2 time at Ao Manao, one of the top 5 cleanest beaches in Thailand (via govt fecal ct tests), I got ear infections.   Something I'm not prone to.   That pretty much tells me everything I need to know.

Aside from fecal ct., I only swim in water I can see my feet, in neck high depth.  I like to see what I'm walking on and what's around me.  Gulf beaches are far from clean or clear waters.

Andaman Sea a better choice, but not when millions of tourist are there flushing the toilets.  It was pristine during covid, and we visited a few times.

OP didn't ask about pools.  If I use, very rare, then my head doesn't go under the water, for reasons you stated.

I've found plenty of places, beaches to swim in, just not near HH.

UP2U where you swim.  OP asked & received my opinion.

That you swim in the rivers of Bkk ???? tells me your level of acceptance.  HH beach is probably squeaky clean to you.  ENJOY 

Edited by KhunLA

On 3/14/2023 at 9:36 PM, ChaiyaTH said:

You swim in the river in Bangkok??! Are you sure that is a good idea? ????

• Haha 1

On 3/14/2023 at 7:11 PM, KhunLA said:

Describe short ?

For me, Ban Krut, and not short.   I found a beach, again, not short, 1 hr 20 mins from HH beach, and may have to give a test myself, since only 20 mins from us.

Sorry, not very helpful, but really can't think of any conveniently located near HH that I'd actually swim in.

Thung Manao is the name of one I found that other day, and undeveloped area.  Looks like the water would be quite nice, if surf cooperating.   That is the problem with Gulf beaches, to much development on the popular swimming beaches or even 20-50 kms within.

Can't think of anything near HH, that I'd swim in.  Found this one, Thung Mamao beach while knocking around the area.  Even the beachfront isn't developed yet, and just now building a memorial (WW2) and promenade, which is really strange, because there is nothing around it, village wise.  Must be part of that 'Riviera' promo.  Does have it's own revamped railway station, and actually walking distance to the beach, 1.9 kms, according to Ms Google.

20 kms N of RTAF Wing 5 Ao Manao beach & 55 kms S of Sam Roi Yot beach, so not close at all to anything, especially HH.

Not very helpful, but 1 hr away, and you have Sam Roi Yot Beach, looks nice, but one I've never swam in, so not sure.  SRY not too developed.   Everything S of HH to SRY is over developed.   May be some small unknown beaches along the way, that I haven't heard of or discovered yet.

Good Luck, hope you have access to pool

Ao Manao and Sam Roi Yot are good swim areas if the surf is cooperating. But yes 1 hour to 1 hour 30 minutes south of HH.

• Thumbs Up 1

The beach from HH town immediately South is wide, tidal and clean, it's very popular for swimming all the way down to the large hill outcrop you see at the end of the beach. There's also a host of hotels just off that beach, many with swimming pools, you may be able to buy half day passes for pool use at some.

44 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

If the maeklong river in bang noi counts, yes I did countless times.

I had first thought you swam somewhere along the Chao Phraya River ????

I don't know much about how it is in Bang Noi. 

Going back to HH topic, yes, the main beach area (you know, near the Sheraton) is not that great for swimming. I swam around there for 2-3 times only and each time stayed only a short time in the sea. And, I have never seen many people in the sea, each time I went there. 

Edited by JemJem