Doing visa stamp transfer and visa extension renewal at same time?

My retirement extension is due soon. The original visa itself was issued at CW, but for the last few years, the extension renewal is done in Samut Prakan where I currently reside. However I need to do a visa stamp transfer  to my new passport that I received a couple of weeks ago. My question is can I do both the stamp transfer and the extension renewal at the same time at CW? I know that for 90 days report that has to be done at SP and the stamp transfer at CW, but for the extension renewal I'm not sure if that is regionally restricted? Thank you in advance for your advice/input.

Also my TM-6 departure card, issued in 2017, is getting a bit long in the tooth ie the date has faded to almost nothing to the point the photocopy machine can no longer capture. Can I ask for a "new"  copy of that TM-6  at either CW or SP office?

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

As for the TM6 forget about it. No need to have a new one. 

Thank you for the info. I try not to get confused regarding what goes before what. So I'm going to list below what needs to be done and the order of steps to take:

1) Don't bother with TM6 anymore (no need to fill out the card number on any form or include copy of it with any application.)

2) Get new TM30 from landlord that shows new passport number.

3) Go to CW for transfer of visa stamps. The required documents include "copy of TM card" (item no8 on the list on page 2 of the application form) so I assumed it's the TM30 (not the TM6 since this one has been discarded.)

4) Go to SP for the usual annual extension, and the 90 day report (which also is coming up) with the usual set of copies of documents.

5) Re TM30, way back when I submitted the TM30 (made in Samut Prakan) for 90 days report at Samut Prakan, it went though for a couple of times without any hassle, then when I submitted it for the following extension, the IO gasped at my TM30 and had us take it to another window to get a certification signature and stamp. So my guess is that the new (with new passport number) TM30 will also go through certification at my next extension at SP? Or CW will do that during transfer of visa stamps?

Am I doing the procedure correctly? Thank you in advance for your advice. Much appreciated.

Just went down my condo front office to get a new TM30. Well, surprise, they don't do TM30 anymore. In its place I got, as a receipt of registration, a print out of a screen shot from the receptionist smart phone, featuring a registration number (with immigration) along with my name, address, (new) passport number - and something to the effect of "this person resides here as of today." It also features the date of my last extension application. That's all. No matter how I insisted I need a TM30, this is what the condo office staff can produce for now - "any problem please have Immigration call us." Anybody has similar experience re TM30?

15 hours ago, watthong said:

Just went down my condo front office to get a new TM30. Well, surprise, they don't do TM30 anymore. In its place I got, as a receipt of registration, a print out of a screen shot from the receptionist smart phone, featuring a registration number (with immigration) along with my name, address, (new) passport number - and something to the effect of "this person resides here as of today." It also features the date of my last extension application. That's all. No matter how I insisted I need a TM30, this is what the condo office staff can produce for now - "any problem please have Immigration call us." Anybody has similar experience re TM30?

They did the report online. Immigration will accept the accept the screenshot of of it.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1