Re-entry permit

Is it still possible to get a reentry permit at the airport (Suvarnabhumi) before flying out of the country?  If so, what time is the office/booth open?

I could get a reentry permit at my local immigration office beforehand but it's not really convenient. 

Edited by asf6

16 minutes ago, asf6 said:

Is it still possible to get a reentry permit at the airport (Suvarnabhumi) before flying out of the country? 

Yes.

16 minutes ago, asf6 said:

If so, what time is the office/booth open?

24/7

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, asf6 said:

Do I need to go prepared with a photograph or can I get one taken in the airport? 

For an extra 200 Bhat they do all the paperwork including pic (of course you can sort all that out prior and take it with you if you feel so inclined).

3 minutes ago, asf6 said:

And finally, I think, where is it located in the airport?  

Departures zone 2, left hand side before passport control. If you go through the wrong place people have reported you can still be taken back to get one. If you don't spot it just ask around.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Benjamin H said:

Instead of opening a new thread, I'll ask here.

Can l get a single re-entry permit and upon return to Thailand get another single re-entry permit? 

Can I get a re-entry permit at any province immigration?

Thank you.

Usually, you can only get a re-entry permit at the immigration office that issued your most recent extension, or at the airport on the day of departure. A few immigration offices located close to selected land crossings will issue you re-entry permits on the basis that you are on your way to cross over, leaving Thailand. If planning to leave by land, indicate the crossing you want to use and someone may be able to suggest where you can get a re-entry permit.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Benjamin H said:

Instead of opening a new thread, I'll ask here.

Can l get a single re-entry permit and upon return to Thailand get another single re-entry permit? 

Can I get a re-entry permit at any province immigration?

Thank you.

When you re-enter Thailand on your single Re-Entry Permit, border-immigration will stamp it USED. 

And yes, you can then buy a new Re-Entry Permit to protect again the remainder of your Permit to stay, and you can do this either at an Immigration Office or when leaving Thailand from one of the major international airports. 

In fact if you foresee leaving Thailand less than 4 times during the validity of your Permit to stay, it is cheaper (1.000 THB per Single Re-Entry Permit) than buying a Multiple-Entry Re-Entry Permit (3.800 THB).

15 hours ago, BritTim said:

Usually, you can only get a re-entry permit at the immigration office that issued your most recent extension, or at the airport on the day of departure. A few immigration offices located close to selected land crossings will issue you re-entry permits on the basis that you are on your way to cross over, leaving Thailand. If planning to leave by land, indicate the crossing you want to use and someone may be able to suggest where you can get a re-entry permit.

Thank you BritTim.

I got my retirement visa in Chonburi, but will be in Ayutthaya for a few days so thought about getting it there.

I'm leaving through Suwannaphum but wanted it in my passport prior.

Thanks again.

15 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

When you re-enter Thailand on your single Re-Entry Permit, border-immigration will stamp it USED. 

And yes, you can then buy a new Re-Entry Permit to protect again the remainder of your Permit to stay, and you can do this either at an Immigration Office or when leaving Thailand from one of the major international airports. 

In fact if you foresee leaving Thailand less than 4 times during the validity of your Permit to stay, it is cheaper (1.000 THB per Single Re-Entry Permit) than buying a Multiple-Entry Re-Entry Permit (3.800 THB).

Thank you Red Phoenix.

I'll get a single re-entry permit then on return get another permit.

Thanks.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Benjamin H said:

Thank you BritTim.

I got my retirement visa in Chonburi, but will be in Ayutthaya for a few days so thought about getting it there.

I'm leaving through Suwannaphum but wanted it in my passport prior.

Thanks again.

Hi, in case Ayuthaya Immigration is not willing to provide you with the Re-Entry Permit (as your retirement Visa was issued in Chonburi) getting the Re-Entry Permit in the Airport is quite easy and takes less than 10 minutes if you are the sole customer. 

Two important aspects when considering this

#1 - At Suvarnabhumi there are 2 entrances for International Departures.  You should take entrance 2, as it is there that the Re-Entry Permit service is located. After you passed the 'screening' of your hand-luggage, and go to the Immigration Stamp-Out hall, the Re-Entry Permit service is indicated and it is at the left-side of the various counters where you are being stamped out.  So you should go for the Re-Entry Permit first, and once you have it then go back, and queue at one of the counters to get stamped out. 

#2 - You need to bring 1.200,- THB in cash, as they do not accept debit- or creditcards to pay for the service (1.000 THB being the standard price for the One Time Re-Entry Permit, and 200 THB for the administrative service provided by the small service desk)

When making use of the desk-service you don't need to fill out the Re-Entry Permit form beforehand, nor provide a photograph. The Airport Immigration service fills out the form for you based on your Passport details and takes a picture of you, but the service costs 200 THB.

When you bring your already filled-in application form with you (including pass-photo), you can skip the small Re-Entry Permit service desk and head straight to Immigration (at the end of the corridor 10 meter from the small Re-Entry Permit service desk).

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

Hi, in case Ayuthaya Immigration is not willing to provide you with the Re-Entry Permit (as your retirement Visa was issued in Chonburi) getting the Re-Entry Permit in the Airport is quite easy and takes less than 10 minutes if you are the sole customer. 

Two important aspects when considering this

#1 - At Suvarnabhumi there are 2 entrances for International Departures.  You should take entrance 2, as it is there that the Re-Entry Permit service is located. After you passed the 'screening' of your hand-luggage, and go to the Immigration Stamp-Out hall, the Re-Entry Permit service is indicated and it is at the left-side of the various counters where you are being stamped out.  So you should go for the Re-Entry Permit first, and once you have it then go back, and queue at one of the counters to get stamped out. 

#2 - You need to bring 1.200,- THB in cash, as they do not accept debit- or creditcards to pay for the service (1.000 THB being the standard price for the One Time Re-Entry Permit, and 200 THB for the administrative service provided by the small service desk)

When making use of the desk-service you don't need to fill out the Re-Entry Permit form beforehand, nor provide a photograph. The Airport Immigration service fills out the form for you based on your Passport details and takes a picture of you, but the service costs 200 THB.

When you bring your already filled-in application form with you (including pass-photo), you can skip the small Re-Entry Permit service desk and head straight to Immigration (at the end of the corridor 10 meter from the small Re-Entry Permit service desk).

Much appreciated, thank you for you time to reply.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1